Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have it on preorder and I won't cancel it but it sure doesn't look as nice as the prototype that they previewed. Will probably look better in hand but still changed to much for my liking from prototype.

I'm really on the fence with this one. Overall, it's a fairly nice figure, but that dark stitching on the vest really throws it off. I think it really cheapens the look of the figure. Maybe the cloak could be positioned to cover most of it up... or how it would look if it was taken off altogether. :dunno

And from the photo with the figure in the box, his neck looks a tad too long.

I'd like to see more in hand pics before I make the final decision. Since I've already cancelled my order, I hope there will be some left to purchase if I happen to change my mind. :pray:

63425312520db23e39a7adc03620b6a0_IMG_3792_resize.JPG

First time I've seen this kind of shipper with Asmus. The other 3 figures I've gotten have been plain boxes with a yellow sticker indicating who it is.

Yup. The art box had the logo, but my shippers were plain. (I think the shippers had the usual block text with the name of the figure, but I could be mis-remembering that.)

On the artbox, not the shipper.

I pretty sure my shipper box had some kind of stamp/design on it. I could be wrong. I will try to take a picture tonight if it did and admit that I am wrong if it was a plain brown box or I will just shift blame to the baby and the sleepless nights I am having due to teething. :monkey3

I'm mostly waiting for a hands on review, to decide

I would like that too, although I still have my preorder with BBTS, usually there is time between the first in-hand pics and the time that BBTS finally gets their orders.

This one kind of got out there quickly with little fanfare... which also concerns me.

I would like that too, although I still have my preorder with BBTS, usually there is time between the first in-hand pics and the time that BBTS finally gets their orders.

This one kind of got out there quickly with little fanfare... which also concerns me.
That pic that was posted from the eBay seller doesn't give me too much confidence.

So is this the stitching that looks so dark now? God, I hope they didn't use gray or black thread.
When that picture was first shown Asmus said they were using white thread. When Asmus started posting pics of the release and we're asked about the dark thread they said it was silver and maybe the pic was making it look so dark.

When that picture was first shown Asmus said they were using white thread. When Asmus started posting pics of the release and we're asked about the dark thread they said it was silver and maybe the pic was making it look so dark.

I sure hope that's true.

I really don't want to bleach or pain-stakingly handpaint the thread. :)

Back