Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If not done right the clothing will not look in scale. It will look bulky, stiff, and ill fitting.

I'm new to collecting so forgive my ignorance. What makes it more difficult clothing wise to do a smaller figure such as a hobbit? I understand they have to design a new body, but I don't understand the clothing.

Also, is arwen and galadriel on anyone else's top for wanted figures? I think asmus could do a great job. I didn't feel like sideshow did a very good job with the head sculpt on the liv Tyler arwen statues. Or the galadriel statue for that matter. Hopefully I don't offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Working with 1:1 cloth on a 1:6 figure is always tricky when there are layers of clothing, because, as mentioned it will look bulky. First off, the thickness of the cloth is not designed for something that small, and then the body has to be appropriately undersized (looking completely ridiculous sans clothing), to make that thicker material add to the bodies diminished bulk, and hence look "normal". And as anyone who has ever tried to make their own 1:6 clothing will tell you, the smaller an item has to be, the trickier it becomes to make, and look appropriate. If you're ever tempted... remove the clothes on a figure (particularly some of the military figures out there) and you'll see what I mean about the body looking stupid.

You are not alone with Arwen and Galadriel, either. I'd love them, and a Eowyn as well. There are only 3 prominent female characters in the Lord of the Rings films, and I want all of them. If they do The Hobbit, I'd want an Evangeline Lilly fig also.

Working with 1:1 cloth on a 1:6 figure is always tricky when there are layers of clothing, because, as mentioned it will look bulky. First off, the thickness of the cloth is not designed for something that small, and then the body has to be appropriately undersized (looking completely ridiculous sans clothing), to make that thicker material add to the bodies diminished bulk, and hence look "normal". And as anyone who has ever tried to make their own 1:6 clothing will tell you, the smaller an item has to be, the trickier it becomes to make, and look appropriate. If you're ever tempted... remove the clothes on a figure (particularly some of the military figures out there) and you'll see what I mean about the body looking stupid.

You are not alone with Arwen and Galadriel, either. I'd love them, and a Eowyn as well. There are only 3 prominent female characters in the Lord of the Rings films, and I want all of them. If they do The Hobbit, I'd want an Evangeline Lilly fig also.

Evangeline would be fantastic as well. I appreciate you taking the time to explain that. I figured it was someway of a dumb question, but the morgul lord was my first sixth scale figure. So that gives you a idea of how little I have been collecting!

I think we are going to get a mix from both trilogies soon.

Personally, I would rather see them make a Martin Freeman Bilbo before they make a Ian Holm one.

Azog is probably my most wanted next out of this line. The bridge direct figure is ok, but yeah, gimme a nice 1/6 Azog please

Reminds me of this guy:

67214-david-schwimmer-637x0-1.jpg

Back