Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!!! Looks Great! I am so happy to finally see the changed the head. A definite buy!

The head sculpt looks fantastic. I'm going to have to find someone to do real hair. That would make it just about perfect IMO.

I'm super excited about Gandalf the White here, as I have yet to obtain a SSC Gandalf the Grey (as much as I want him and am still in the market for him, I'm not paying the ridiculous prices he commands on eBay). All of the pictures I've seen on sites with pre-orders up look fantastic. I'm really looking forward to Asmus's LOTR line, as it appears to have a lot of promise, not only with the individual sculpts but also in the range of figures.

Its going out !!
10583864_10152163355641968_95759750074664186_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asmus-Toys/146632816967?fref=photo

How long do you guys think it'll take till bbts grits these in stock? Trying to balance my pre orders!

One month from when they are available in Asia is the formula. And we don't know really when it will be available in asia yet. So figure two weeks minimum to asia, then another 4 weeks minimum to the states. So you're 6 weeks out...minimum. That's mid-September.

I'd guess late September/early October.

One month from when they are available in Asia is the formula. And we don't know really when it will be available in asia yet. So figure two weeks minimum to asia, then another 4 weeks minimum to the states. So you're 6 weeks out...minimum. That's mid-September.

I'd guess late September/early October.

Thanks for the heads up. Too many things I want are coming out! I'm new to figure collecting. How do you guys do it!? Haha

He's probably right. Otherwise I think they would have started out showing the figure back from production runs. Like they did with skully... Unless they are trying to push this out as fast as possible. Could be low on money since everything's been delayed quite a bit.

Hmm ... my guess is these might not be production samples. Depending on how they're packed, there could be 10 or 20 figures per box (maybe more?) which would mean 50 to 100 figures just on that pallet. That seems like it would be way too many for production samples. Especially since they've told us this edition size will be pretty small. Plus, there may well be more boxes that we aren't seeing in that photo.

I'd agree that Asmus might be trying to kick the distribution into gear because of the delays they talked about at the factories that slowed down their initial release schedule.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that quality isn't sacrificed in the name of haste.

Those are my completely arbitrary two cents, anyway!

Good points! We'll have to see. I'm pretty happy with the head sculpt of the figure. Anyone think a few pieces of hair could useof used a bit of work though? A few sections you could tell were separate and glued on. Maybe that was just the artists head sculpt and it hadn't quite been finalized?

Back