Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji112] hello

I modified mine and removed the ugly stock hair and sculpted beard.
And added real hair,

I really like the results

da83e2b9bf4b016c7ca9bccbee9dd1fd.jpg

f5f37a4b6e85434c006fdf0a4a228f66.jpg
6f3bb331c5726ccad4dc0a437e9d4ee0.jpg
9554b869fff997cde9fe5f3620f3777d.jpg

Great job, emeraldknight. Now he looks much more like Gandalf.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Thanks Star puffs!

I used Tibetan Yak! Made sure to use the coarser part of the hair for his beard

Thanks, Raymond. I'm starting to get into real hair and will want to mod Gandalf at some point. Any advice on how to prep the beard. Just whittle off the detail carefully or remove it as much as possible without obviously encroaching on the sculpt?

1st pic looks real. I hate that a sculpt from a knock off figure looks better than the licensed sculpt. He looks awesome.

It's technically a licensed sculpt... it's Sideshow's old as the hills sculpt.

But that, and the numerous knock offs all look considerably more like McKellen than this very poor offering fro Asumus.

Someone able to take an up close picture of his blue belt? Had to take my figure apart to fix a shoulder and having a ***** if a time redoing the blue belt... thanks!

Anyone know where I could find one of these, been looking for a while:(

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FYI, just realized it didn't make it in here, but Asmus confirmed in the "Questions for Asmus" thread that a Gandalf Slim version is coming with the original sculpted-hair sculpt that everyone loved. Might make a difference in buying decisions, though who knows how long it'll be?

I'll probably hold off for the slim version myself. I'd rather have a specific LOTR Gandalf than the Hobbit version so can live without the extra staff and scarf.

Might pick up the head sculpt to use on Gandalf the white. I hope they'll sell it by itself as they have all the others.

Back