Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping it's like most Hong Kong companies and it just shows up all of a sudden....I mean tracking is great but surprise arrivals are cool too

That is how it has been with all my direct Asmys purchases. Before they started charging a deposit instead of the whole price the only heads up you got was that it was released in Asia.

If Sideshow is getting him the 29th I would expect the direct orders to start showing up sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I paid in full when I ordered and got my tracking a week ago. Maybe they are sending them out when the payments clear.

That is how it has been with all my direct Asmys purchases. Before they started charging a deposit instead of the whole price the only heads up you got was that it was released in Asia.

If Sideshow is getting him the 29th I would expect the direct orders to start showing up sometime in the next 2 weeks.
Thanks for the info, this is the first time I've ordered direct from asmus...usually when I buy direct from Hong Kong a box just shows up and sometimes I get tracking after the package has arrived....either way as long as the figures arrive doesn't matter to me.

Got my Gandalf today. Bravo Asmus, bravo! Not going to get long winded here. Hairline, including widow's peak looks fantastic, near perfect. Hopefully, everyone's will look as good as the one I got. Wrinkles are quite noticeable........... when you wear magnifying eye glasses and hold the figure six inches from your face. (I was doing some small detail work on a Neca figure when I opened this.) You may still not like the older look Gandalf, but you won't be seeing what you saw in those super enhanced, twenty magnification pictures that were posted over the many months

Got my Gandalf today. Bravo Asmus, bravo! Not going to get long winded here. Hairline, including widow's peak looks fantastic, near perfect. Hopefully, everyone's will look as good as the one I got. Wrinkles are quite noticeable........... when you wear magnifying eye glasses and hold the figure six inches from your face. (I was doing some small detail work on a Neca figure when I opened this.) You may still not like the older look Gandalf, but you won't be seeing what you saw in those super enhanced, twenty magnification pictures that were posted over the many months

Congrats! Now, pictures!!

Awesome news.

image.jpg

Straight out of the box pic.

Mine came early arriving today instead of tomorrow. He is for the most part awesome. Unfortunately the box was somewhat smashed up when he arrived. Nothing to terrible, but the corners are bent in and the back of the box was pushed in pretty far. Still looks ok from the front. Not a huge concern though. Like Michael said in his review the ankles are kind of wobbly. Not too much of a problem if you use a stand, but would be nice if they were tighter. The hat looks great, but it might be nice if there was a wire in the top since it wants to stay pointed.

Beyond those few problems he is great. The outfit has a great weathered look and fits nicely. Also little touches like the design on the end of his pants and he has actual shoe strings in cloth boots. Really like that he comes with three staffs and Glamdring looks great. With a lot of releases starting to cut back on accessories, it is awesome to see him come with so much. The Moria base is made of plastic so it is rather light, but still looks great. I really like the sculpt, but that is probably somewhat subjective. The hair and beard work really well, though the beard comes out darker than the hair. Also I was glad that he came with his belts on so I didn't have to mess figuring out how to get them on. Overall he is an awesome figure. Glad the fellowship is getting closer to being complete.

a5a4a76d30e73016165df0207d35d438.jpg
bf20f9a1bf2ab90dfdf8ad5ea3780061.jpg
f499430c32b0e885614a93f4c79dd98e.jpg
1a06c12fb9346156fd1520b171e6712f.jpg

Mine just came. He real does look better in person than he photographs. My only issues are like others have said his ankles are too loose, I've taped mine. The base is needlessly awkward to connect. The round base hole for the screw is loose and, like Mike said you have to hold it with a knife to screw the rock on. I would have liked a better right gripping hand for his staff as the only one provided holds it a bit loosely. Other than these things he doesn't take much futzing to look great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back