Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I order now, does this still count as pre-order because there was an extra staff included with the pre-order if I'm not mistaken?
I just hope they don't come with a LotR-version with updated sculpt if I do intend to buy one...

Just watched a video on the figure. It does have a nice presence when properly posed. I'm still not sure if I'm getting this... So much stuff coming out.

View attachment 285208

View attachment 285210

That last pose :clap + a good Bilbo or Frodo would persuade me to buy this (if it isn't sold out by now...)

View attachment 285212

I kind of love that you have taken those stills from my video. There is a video montage incoming but I have limited internet this week

I kind of love that you have taken those stills from my video. There is a video montage incoming but I have limited internet this week

I hope you don't mind that I didn't added the source with your pictures.
Anyway; you're probably the only one that makes the hat look good on the figure.
I'm still not sure if I should get this... The one thing that is holding me back is the headsculpt. I don't know if I like it or not. :s

So Asmus DOES provide a shipping notice AND tracking information...?

That's great! Nothing for me yet, but my order was processed about a day after you guys.

I have never gotten shipping notice sir tracking and I have received four or five figures straight from them.

Yeah, I've only ordered once from them, but after I paid heard nothing until it showed up on my door. My Nazgul is still without his extra sword though Asmus, several emails and over a year later and still waiting :tap

Asmus, I preordered today from sideshow. Can you confirm I'll get the extra staff?
7909d2a29164a751b1f04f2fdf5e8818.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have to make up my mind already. When is this expected in Europe? Or will it be released at the same time worldwide?

Some of the pictures in this review look amazing. I don't have a real problem with the nose as some of the reviewers say.

(Source: https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081016a.htm)

review_asmusgandalf2_6.jpg

review_asmusgandalf2_10.jpg

review_asmusgandalf2_large.jpg

review_asmusgandalf2_9.jpg

and the pose (for me):

review_asmusgandalf2_8.jpg

I hope you don't mind that I didn't added the source with your pictures.
Anyway; you're probably the only one that makes the hat look good on the figure.
I'm still not sure if I should get this... The one thing that is holding me back is the headsculpt. I don't know if I like it or not. :s
I dont mind at all. I love that you and people are watching. Nearly hit that 400 views mark :)

I still think 210 EUR is still somewhat expensive... but who knows when we'll see a 1/6 Gandalf again. It still is the best Gandalf figure I've seen (including all the statues).

I pre-ordered from Asmus, but haven't yet gotten an invoice to pay off the balance. Is that normal?

Thanks again for the review Lord Turel!

I gave in and put in on pre-order. Hopefully it will get here this month.
Did you actually put something in the hat to give it a more natural look? I just hope my figure has 'enough' hair to cover the back of the headsculpt.

He'll look great with my NECA Gollum despite their scale differences.
As you are a Brit (I presume?), do you have an idea on the actual release date in Europe?

Hello Lord of the Rings fans, I have got something a little bit interesting for you, we have had the opportunity to review the 1/6 Gandalf the Grey by Asmus and we were genuinely surprised by it. We are also trying out a new chapter select feature in our videos. please let us know what you think of it. Thank you for your support as always and please like and subscribe, and remember we answer all comments on the youtube page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1adIlmXOjE

Just watched your Gandalf review and really enjoyed it! You and Jo make a good review team (although it was hard to hear her at times). After watching, I have changed my stance on him to a "pass" to a "possible". I still really wish the face sculpt was more accurate, but everything else about the figure looks really top-notch, and I get more of a hand-crafted feel to him vs. just another mass-produced figure. I feel like my meager LotR sixth-scale collection would be incomplete without a Gandalf. Maybe I get this one in hopes the first prototype headsculpt someday sees the light of day.

Thanks for the great review! :)

Just watched your Gandalf review and really enjoyed it! You and Jo make a good review team (although it was hard to hear her at times). After watching, I have changed my stance on him to a "pass" to a "possible". I still really wish the face sculpt was more accurate, but everything else about the figure looks really top-notch, and I get more of a hand-crafted feel to him vs. just another mass-produced figure. I feel like my meager LotR sixth-scale collection would be incomplete without a Gandalf. Maybe I get this one in hopes the first prototype headsculpt someday sees the light of day.

Thanks for the great review! :)

Thankyou :) we are aware of the mic issue at the moment and are currently working on changing that. We have just upgraded from a sheet in the backgroud to a full screen. Things are slowly improving. We honestly appreciate every view and sub so you taking the time to sit and write a response really makes us smile. I am also hoping to do more Lotr 1/6 figures in the future :)

Thanks again for the review Lord Turel!

I gave in and put in on pre-order. Hopefully it will get here this month.
Did you actually put something in the hat to give it a more natural look? I just hope my figure has 'enough' hair to cover the back of the headsculpt.

He'll look great with my NECA Gollum despite their scale differences.
As you are a Brit (I presume?), do you have an idea on the actual release date in Europe?

Yes to get the bend we used cocktail sticks broken at the cirrect angle. We managed to get it into that shape without adding anything however I wanted to make sure it stayed in that shape.

Back