Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im happy with this.
It woud be interesting to know if the carriage is still in progress, if at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know I feel kind of bad. First pics came out and I voiced my displeasure with Gandalf just like so many others. I should know better, it happens time and time again that the first pics don't do a release justice. Gandalf looks awesome in the videos linked. I need to stop jumping the gun on my opinions. Great job again Asmus.

Ya know I feel kind of bad. First pics came out and I voiced my displeasure with Gandalf just like so many others. I should know better, it happens time and time again that the first pics don't do a release justice. Gandalf looks awesome in the videos linked. I need to stop jumping the gun on my opinions. Great job again Asmus.

I haven't trawled the thread, but I remember you being very reasonable in your earlier assessments of this figure. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised with each updated pic/video, especially when you're committed to buying it on the strength of the character.

I wish it were LoTR Gandalf, and still wish we were getting the other sculpt - but I'm excited to get this and it definitely looks like it'll hold its own on a high-end shelf.

I'm really impressed with how they did the hair and clothing . The hair is much thicker then Saruman so you don't see the neck joint at all . Also the cloths look really nicely done with plenty of detail . And the rock stand is just brilliant . Really nice job Asmus !!! This is almost impossible to let pass up .

All in all it looks nice. The extras are pretty good and it comes with more stuff than most figures do now. The fabric shoes are miles better than a generic plastic set imo but need to be dirtied up a little. To me the biggest issue is the hairline with the rooted hair, it doesn't look natural. Of course that can be fixed by putting on the hat. Hat looks good too but maybe just a touch undersized? It doesn't look to be capable of holding as floppy of a pose as I seem to remember from the films. Anyway I think it looks like a solid effort, but I also wish they stuck with the first sculpt.

This figure is looking very impressive . Check out this video . Not on English but .https://youtu.be/H0JzSRaYyDE
I've had this preordered for a while and my main problem was the hat, but these latest photos (posted by robbiethepainter a few pages back) show they finally got the colour right :yess:. Looks too dark in the video, but I'll assume it is because everything looks dark in it.

I really like the hair -- greasy and shiny which helps to match the plastic beard.

This one looks to be the easiest futz yet. Even has what looks to be good weathering already in place. Maybe water treatment and done.

So Asmus: when does this ship?

really nice figure, sculpt is terrific. rooted hair works and the accessories reminds me when I first opened my DX 11 figure back in the day. I don't get that feeling anymore these days.

no-hat.jpg
with-hat.jpg
dark.jpg

not really, it is sticking together but It's not greasy or anything, I assume there is product in there but not to a point that it transfers to my hand.

No, I don't mean that's not dry - I mean are the strands stuck together more, unlike Saruman?

No, I don't mean that's not dry - I mean are the strands stuck together more, unlike Saruman?

Gotcha, yes it is sticking together. I thought it was meant to be that way no? They mentioned in their facebook page that they are doing something so that you don't constantly need to fix the hair.

Gotcha, yes it is sticking together. I thought it was meant to be that way no? They mentioned in their facebook page that they are doing something so that you don't constantly need to fix the hair.

Just wanted to be sure mine wasn't weird - yea, it seems that they added a whole bunch to the hair in advance, not sure I'm liking that. But I haven't sat down to shoot him for a review yet...that will be tomorrow night's job.

I didn't get a payment notice yet from them. I actually had the figure paid in full initially, and then received a partial refund when they realized they hadn't provided the deposit option.

Back