Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow usually put out a 10 day charge notice for figures. Haven't received anything yet for the Gandalf preorder. Hopefully they get theirs soon!

Sideshow just got Mouth of Sauron and Asmus hasn't even shipped their pre-orders yet. It will be a bit before Sideshow gets Gandalf.

Thought you guys might like this art print from Redbubble I finally grabbed a frame for.
39d2b341cec8d1a74e06c7aad0fe743c.jpg

Sold HT 1989 batmobile this week, time to get my preorder back in.
Cheating wife and divorce is no excuse to cancel a po, shame on me. Asmus were thoughtful enough to return my deposit, so that was a kind gesture.

Very cool print dioramamaker

That is cool. :)
Thanks guys! :)
Sold HT 1989 batmobile this week, time to get my preorder back in.
Cheating wife and divorce is no excuse to cancel a po, shame on me. Asmus were thoughtful enough to return my deposit, so that was a kind gesture.
You...you okay there, buddy? I'm really sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a miserable experience all around. Hope things are on the mend emotionally for you in some ways. Hopefully you can find some solace in collecting, it's always helped me when I've been strung out and upset. I'm sure I'm speaking for a few members here at least, but if you gotta vent, we're all friends here. Someone's willing to listen, undoubtedly.

Thanks guys! :)

You...you okay there, buddy? I'm really sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a miserable experience all around. Hope things are on the mend emotionally for you in some ways. Hopefully you can find some solace in collecting, it's always helped me when I've been strung out and upset. I'm sure I'm speaking for a few members here at least, but if you gotta vent, we're all friends here. Someone's willing to listen, undoubtedly.

Thanks mate, yeah its been the worst time, not like nothing else experienced before. At this point its time to take back sanity, normality, joy of figures. Anyone else who has been through this feel free to pm. Office romances are a marriage killer, but too scared to heed the signs, 10 years gone in a heartbeat. Sorry to misdirect the thread a bit.

Got my Gandalf preorder back on today, its something to look forward to no doubt. Gotta have those 3 staffs

Man I feel for you. Pulling for things to get better. I cannot imagine pain, frustration, anger and confusion something like that brings about. Vent all you need. Us freaks will be with you in the best of times and the worst of times.

Plus 1/6 scale Gandalf just had to bring a smile to almost anybody.

Man I feel for you. Pulling for things to get better. I cannot imagine pain, frustration, anger and confusion something like that brings about. Vent all you need. Us freaks will be with you in the best of times and the worst of times.

Plus 1/6 scale Gandalf just had to bring a smile to almost anybody.

Thanks for the support, its really appreciated, very much. There is nobody else I know into this kind of hobby, but its great to read all the comments here and be part of a likeminded community. Good, bad and the crazy it doesn't matter, it takes all kinds of great people and a reminder life will be ok.

Yes good old Gandalf makes me smile too

Thanks mate, yeah its been the worst time, not like nothing else experienced before. At this point its time to take back sanity, normality, joy of figures. Anyone else who has been through this feel free to pm. Office romances are a marriage killer, but too scared to heed the signs, 10 years gone in a heartbeat. Sorry to misdirect the thread a bit.

Got my Gandalf preorder back on today, its something to look forward to no doubt. Gotta have those 3 staffs

I went through some relationship stuff at the beginning of summer that threw me for quite the loop. Nothing to your extent of course, but it definitely messed with me for a good while, so I feel for that heartache and anger you've got no doubt. Hang in there in there and have fun with collecting, because in a lot of regards collecting is the visual representation of you. It's a timeline of your interests and likes; don't let anything diminish that, because in all of these situations one of the most important things is keeping a positive image of yourself. Don't become your own enemy, you know?

That's a neat perspective on the whole timeline thing. I never thought about that but it is true. Now that I am unpacking everything it is almost like looking at a scrapbook.

It is true really. Have been looking back through old pictures, even an ebay sale folder full of old figures long gone, its amazing how much a collection does change with life. Thanks for the posts guys [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thnx sixxhooter! Liking what I saw in those vids! Looks like some excellent tailoring and accessories, and IMO Gandalf's face looks pretty good! Lines/wrinkles not too deep, and expression not as "soft" as I thought - depends on the angle, too. IMO hair definitely needs some volumizing and some tweaks here and there - but I was gonna futz anyway - maybe even add more hair, and hairy eyebrows/beard - not sure yet.

Really glad I pre-ordered! (Now I need Thorin, Thranduil, Hobbit Bilbo...and Legolas if they put him in Mirkwood outfit - well, I'd like all the dwarves, but Thorin and Hobbit Bilbo for sure!)

Back