Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to be ignorant but I remember when complaints were made about the shape of GTWs beard. The sculpt definitely took a hit when they changed that beard. I'd just as soon they not touch this one.

I also agree that the beard looks very uniformed and repetitive in terms of how they are sculpted. Detailed, but a bit artificial and not very natural. But the face is very nice. Best head sculpt you guys have done by far. Hope the fine details and final paint job will be superb. Great start Asmus!

This looks incredible... the only thing I think could be altered is the flow of the beard. It looks to have fairly tight waves... whereas his beard usually seems to look either completely straight, or llooser waves. It's a small thing, but I think it would lead to a better sculpt:

Straight... which I don't really care for; but just to be fair it is a look :lol
093501-gandalf.jpg

More typical look:
1716330-gandalfthegrey.jpg

They probably were thinking of this kind of look:
EfIpiDh.png

Or to contrast with Saruman:
3555aa6bc7b55d3714df54d907b79c93.jpg

Whoa. This is awesome. I still need to buy GtW, which I will soon, but hot darn this is great.

Has Asmus mentioned anything about possibly doing Radagast the brown?

MORE WIZARDS

Last edited:
There are a bucketload of LotR characters I'd like to see before that one-liner.

I'm a Hobbit-trilogy hater, don't mind me.

Yeah, I'd buy a lot of other figures over Radagast. That might be the only one I wouldn't pick up, no matter how well it turned out. That character was just nails on a chalkboard for me. I was very happy when I heard they were including him in the new trilogy, but I was extremely disappointed by the execution once I saw the movies.

Good to hear he's on the list, though, for fans of the new movies.

Dear Asmus could you tell when the other Gandalf sculpt made by different sculptor will be presented?
I mean not the final, but just like this one, in the process of sculpting.
It would be nice to have smirking Gandalf, because all of his sculpts are serious.
maxresdefault.jpg

Dear Asmus could you tell when the other Gandalf sculpt made by different sculptor will be presented?
I mean not the final, but just like this one, in the process of sculpting.
It would be nice to have smirking Gandalf, because all of his sculpts are serious.
maxresdefault.jpg

mm....

I honestly couldnt tell you right away if it is a good idea to make a smirking Gandalf.

What do all ya think?

A mischievous-twinkle-in-the-eye Gandalf would be something I'd like to see, but not necessarily buy.

Smiling Gandalf is more like Gandalf the grey in the Shire , not Gandalf the White on a serious quest...

Back