Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's not released but we saw too many previews and changes. None of them may be close to GTG "first" preview.

No point judging a sculpt before it has been released, but yes, this GtG sculpt is fantastic out of the gate.

I can't wait for these two.
Good stuff, Asmus :clap
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just make sure the paint's good, I think you can call it a wrap on the sculpting part. That's outstanding!!!

Excellent sculpt, much better than Aragorn or GTW.
There will obviously be no head articulation possible with that beard, but that can't be helped, rooted hair would be a nightmare for this figure.
Great job! I assume his hat will be sculpted?

That. Is. Gorgeous.

:clap

With a great paint job, I honestly don't see how it could be much better.

Great work, Asmus. Really! Give that sculptor a bonus! (And several more portraits to sculpt!)

Please be advised this is just the beginning of the GtG project,
we have not started anything other than the head,
and your opinion is always important for the artist.

Saruman is still coming out before GtG~

View attachment 171854
View attachment 171856

That's him!!!!

You're done. Congratulations! :)

You know, I was thinking since I have the Sideshow Grey I wouldn't need to get this one... but damn you, Asmus, if he looks like this then I'll definitely need to get this one too. Dammit. :)

Cant stop drooling over the details, that beard must have taken a lot of sweat and tears to get perfect

This looks incredible... the only thing I think could be altered is the flow of the beard. It looks to have fairly tight waves... whereas his beard usually seems to look either completely straight, or llooser waves. It's a small thing, but I think it would lead to a better sculpt:

Straight... which I don't really care for; but just to be fair it is a look :lol
093501-gandalf.jpg

More typical look:
1716330-gandalfthegrey.jpg

Back