Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isnt my image but its very useful, Wonder which staff we will see included?
d2bec1478a012dd319501d7f7e38acdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be guessing that it would be the Moria one. He loses the one that he has at Bag End at Isengard, so the Moria one would make more sense to display with the other Fellowship members. Maybe we'll get both :p

Lol cmiller99, well a magical M4 hasnt been done yet so heres a chance.

The moria staff would be sweet, but for displaying gandalf with saruman i suppose the first staff makes sense too. Exciting too see whats included [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, whoever took that pic did not push the neck plug all the way up inside the head. You can tell by how tall the neck is. The sculpt looks much better when the plug is properly seated.

Can someone fill me in more about the GTW head replacement? If this is a thing I'm thinking of ordering him ASAP.
Here:
actually,
Gandalf was never shrank nor distorted.

It was just never good enough.
We washed out more than dozens head to compare the proportion.
and it was all the same as our prototype.

Anyway, we are already working on a new HS to replace the old one.

Yes,
with Gandalf the Grey purchase.
No plan for Gandalf the white 2.0

and please keep your Gandalf the white,
you will need it to get the new head for free.

New HS is sculpting now,
we will see a new GtW head,
and a new GtG HS.

they are also 2 separate HS, and interestingly,
not by the same sculptor.

If you buy Gandalf the Grey and owns a Gandalf the white,
you will receive a free Gandalf the white head.

It will also be available to sell separately on our web store.

Hmmm ...

Loving the cart! (Is it just a toy show display or will it be for sale?)

Not crazy about the ill-fitting hat. But it's still early days. Hopefully that gets adjusted. If it doesn't, I won't be too fussed. I'll probably be posing him without it anyway. (He also needs more - and curlier - hair.)

Eager to see more ...

Whoever is taking these pics is not doing the figures any favours.
I'm thankful that somebody is taking the time and effort to take them, but they really make the figures look bad.

What the heck is up with the pants or underskirt thing? I've never seen the leaf pattern before.

It's on the Sideshow figure, too, but the color is more muted so it's not quite so noticeable. It's on the pant cuffs of the costume, which are under a couple of other layers, so you never really get to see that detail in the movies.

Back