Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the best sculpts I have seen, assuming the final product lives up to the prototype.

Hope we get some upgraded sculpts on some of the past Asmus female sculpts like Eowyn and Tauriel.

Pre-ordered! I think the figure is fantastic - regardless of the crown or cape. Not a deal-breaker but the crown is a good extra if it is possible.

So excited to get this figure in the hand!

We are reviewing the cape and crown option,
it will depends on the sales,
like a kick start program, I think if we get enough orders, we might actually do it.

Awesome to hear! Now let's cross fingers, all what I'm seeing is good words for this figure, so let's hope it will be a sucess!

Not trying to be negative here but in the profile picture. Does anyone else see something that looks kind of metalish around her temple area and in the back of her head? I should specify it's the picture on FB not their site.

Last edited:
Not trying to be negative here but in the profile picture. Does anyone else see something that looks kind of metalish around her temple area and in the back of her head? I should specify it's the picture on FB not their site.

Looks like a reflection on the hair's fiber to me.

Ordered. Really amazed at how well Asmus pulled this off.
Also ordered Faramir. This is such a prolific line. Asmus, any plans for/updates on:
  • Gollum/Smeagol
  • Legolas (Crown series with new Orlando Bloom sculpt and “real” hair)
  • Saruman (Crown series)
  • Eowyn in Gown (new Miranda Otto sculpt, better hair)
  • Cursed Theoden on Throne
  • Grima Wormtongue
  • Denathor
  • Lurtz
  • Orc(s)
  • Battle Troll(s)
  • King Aragorn
  • Coronation Arwen
  • Sauron
  • Treebeard (full figure or just a half-figure base for Merry and Pippen).
  • Balrog (I don’t know if there’s a definitive size, but I think anywhere from 12’-15’ would probably work)
Would be great to know what’s on the drawing board for the next couple of years.

• Treebeard (full figure or just a half-figure base for Merry and Pippen).
  • Balrog (I don?t know if there?s a definitive size, but I think anywhere from 12?-15? would probably work)

I was right there with you, until the end. While I *guess* a 1:6 Treebeard base isn’t out of the question, no way we’re getting a full figure.
And a 12’-15’ Balrog? :lol

The Toybiz 1:12 Balrog is about 18 inches to the peak of his shoulders with a hunch- 31” to the top of the wing. So a 1:6 Balrog in a similar pose would fill up 62”H, 80”W, 28”D.
If the wings were adjustable then they could lay lower then you’d still be looking at about 50”H.
However you shape it, a 1:6 Balrog is simply be too big to be a possibility as a single release. I think the only way to even produce and sell it in a way people could afford would be in parts that release over a period of time and it’s have to be a crowd funded type deal because no one is gonna take the risk of making something like that without already having the money in their pockets.

Treebeard would be about 28 inches if he is full size. Even if he was scaled down a little bit, I think he would work well with the Hobbits. I hope they can get to him eventually.

Is there an official height for the movie Balrog? I couldn't find anything, but only did a quick scan. Apparently they are supposed to be varying sizes (like Star Wars Rancors). The Wikipedia entry puts them at 12' tall, but there are other references that show them as being much taller. And in the movie scene it certainly looked larger than 12 feet tall, which is why I suggested 12' - 15' feet tall (to the top of the head, not the top of the wings). A 12-foot tall scale Balrog would be roughly 24" standing upright, which could be cheated a bit by being hunched over and the wings could be adjustable. A 15-foot tall Balrog would be 30" tall. So it would come down to what looks good, what folks would be willing to accept, and price. But in a lot of respects while it would be a massive piece, it wouldn't be need to have a lot of articulation. Sort of like SS's Jabba the Hut. Another option would be some kind of a Balrog base perhaps with the head, partial torso, partial wing and an arm surrounded by flames, like it's sinking into a fiery abyss. That way maybe you're talking about a 15" - 20" tall sculpt with no articulation and maybe a light-up feature.
I'd actually prefer a Treebeard base to a full figure.

We are reviewing the cape and crown option,
it will depends on the sales,
like a kick start program, I think if we get enough orders, we might actually do it.

This is why I support this company. Thanks Asmus! I ordered Galadriel, and figured I didn't want her to be lonely so I just bought Elrond too.
The cape and crown is not a deal breaker for me, but I would definitely love at least the crown. For what its worth!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

It's not labeled, but it looks like she comes with her ring. If that little inset photo is accurate, that's some pretty terrific detail for something so small.

Back