Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they revisit Arwen sculpt, as they mentioned they consider a different version of her.
I just picked up Arwen last week and was amazed by how great and accurate the sculpt was in hand versus what I was expecting from a lot of pictures and video...guess it?s all in the eye of the beholder.

I hope so too. The sculpt now doesn't look like Liv as Arwen at all, more like an Arwen cosplayer.
If only they can bring her likeness in Galadriel level, it would be awesome!

They seem to listen to feedback, so there is hope. And those that have the first version may like the other sculpt version too, and it would be additional reason to buy.

Looks good. It seems Cate Blanchett's likeness is captured well in 1/6 sculpts. HT Hela is brilliant, as is this one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know it is very early and presumptive but I cannot wait for Asmus to work on figures from LOTR on prime. Imagine 2nd Age Elrond, Galadriel, Gil-galad and especially Celebrimbor.

They seem to listen to feedback, so there is hope. And those that have the first version may like the other sculpt version too, and it would be additional reason to buy.

They didn't listen all the feedback on the Tauriel thread though :( But yeah, hopefully they release Arwen with improved sculpt later.

I didn’t mind the Arwen sculpt at all. This Galadriel is phenomenal.

Well, in the case of Arwen there are people who agree with me and there are people who agree with you, means the likeness itself is not solid at all.
While Galadriel has every people saying that the likeness is amazing.

Looks good. It seems Cate Blanchett's likeness is captured well in 1/6 sculpts. HT Hela is brilliant, as is this one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is I think one of the great quality of Cate Blanchett. Both sculpt shows amazing likeness yet very different characters. It shows Blanchett's transforming ability to get her character right (and also shows how good both sculpts are!)

I rewatched the scene with the mirror in lord of the rings and cate is amazing in that one scene alone she plays three different aspects of Galadriel first she is entranced by the ring almost under hypnosis, then she lives a fantasy as if she was to become to dark queen, then once she resists she glows and becomes so soft and caring her whole character changes... she is an incredible actress.

Same in the hobbit how she cradled Gandalf was beautiful.

I know it is very early and presumptive but I cannot wait for Asmus to work on figures from LOTR on prime. Imagine 2nd Age Elrond, Galadriel, Gil-galad and especially Celebrimbor.

That's assuming they get the license to make figures from the show. It's a whole different studio/license holder. The show is through Amazon, not New Line/Warner Bros. so theoretically any 1/6 company should be able to bid for it. Personally, I'm torn ... I kind of want them to keep their focus on this line because I love it and there are still tons of characters to pick from. But I also know it would be good for them to take the next step as a company and expand into more things.

That's assuming they get the license to make figures from the show. It's a whole different studio/license holder. The show is through Amazon, not New Line/Warner Bros. so theoretically any 1/6 company should be able to bid for it. Personally, I'm torn ... I kind of want them to keep their focus on this line because I love it and there are still tons of characters to pick from. But I also know it would be good for them to take the next step as a company and expand into more things.

This is an easy one for me...with so many amazing figures from the excellent LOTR films that still need to be made I would hate for Asmus to get distracted or divert resources to a TV show that may or may not even be good. These figures would not even be connected to the Asmus LOTR figures because, as you point out, it is an unrelated property just inspired by the same Tolkien source material.
I fell in love with Peter Jackson?s vision of Middle Earth and while this series may end up being good it will have little to do with the amazing world the films built. My love of LOTR comes more from a love of cinema than a love of literature.
I am all for Asmus branching out but if they are going to be distracted from LOTR I would prefer they focus on other great films like their excellent Hateful 8 line versus an unproven streaming series that truly may end up being hated by everyone and something that no one ends up wanting to display figures from.

I’m in the ‘please don’t get distracted by the Amazon show’ camp. There’s still so much yet to be made. I’m sure I’ll watch the show and get some enjoyment out of it but it’s very unlikely I’ll adore it (or anything) like the movies. I may want some 1:6 figures, especially orcs, but 3zero could handle that. The only other property I really want Asmus to get right now is Buffy!

I’m in the ‘please don’t get distracted by the Amazon show’ camp. There’s still so much yet to be made. I’m sure I’ll watch the show and get some enjoyment out of it but it’s very unlikely I’ll adore it (or anything) like the movies. I may want some 1:6 figures, especially orcs, but 3zero could handle that. The only other property I really want Asmus to get right now is Buffy!

Buffy! you got my vote.

Buffy! you got my vote.

I would also be down for some buffy figures.

I don't collect superheroes or star wars so I'm hoping Asmus does branch out and do figures from different properties... as long as they don't end up neglecting LOTR & DMC.

with Asmus currently being my favourite company I would like to see how they would tackle different properties. I would love to what they could do with a Bloodborne license.

The Second Age show is still a couple years away from release and Asmus will continue to garner more interest with their improved quality. The resurgence of LOTR interest is no coincidence and I?m sure they will wisely add more products from both eras to capitalize. While we don?t know the exact aesthetic of the show, we do know that Amazon wants to keep it in the same cinematic universe as LOTR and treat it as a proper prequel. If anything the attention from the show should help our chances more than detract from LOTR trilogy figures being made.

Buffy would be a dream.

The LOTR tv show is still a while away, i wouldn?t worry.

The Second Age show is still a couple years away from release and Asmus will continue to garner more interest with their improved quality. The resurgence of LOTR interest is no coincidence and I?m sure they will wisely add more products from both eras to capitalize. While we don?t know the exact aesthetic of the show, we do know that Amazon wants to keep it in the same cinematic universe as LOTR and treat it as a proper prequel. If anything the attention from the show should help our chances more than detract from LOTR trilogy figures being made.

Is WETA involved? That might help slightly ...without Jackson, Walsh, or Boyens involved I do not think I could consider it to truly be in the same universe as the films in spite of Amazon?s desires...my own personal hurdle and I am definitely happy for anyone who can embrace it as being connected to the films. I just do not think that I can get there based upon that.
I wish they could have at least brought Jackson on board as a ?Creative Consultant.? Just let him watch the rough cut of the first episode give his blessing and then give him a credit in the titles. It?s a shame because I am in for anything that gives me more of Peter Jackson?s Middle Earth.

Personally, I would LOVE for the show to look and feel like the LOTR trilogy. The world building is one of my favorite parts of those movies. But it's possible Amazon will have to start from scratch.

While I believe the show will be shooting in NZ, I don't believe Weta is involved. Not that I've read, anyway. So while the show may want to feel like an extension of the New Line/Warner Bros movies, there are legal reasons they may not be able to use the same designs that were created for those films. All the designs for clothing, armor, castles, creatures, etc. are property of NL/WB.

That said, it's possible they've made some kind of agreement that they just haven't told us about to use some of the same designs. That's what I'm hoping for. I believe John Howe may be involved with the show, the famed Tolkien illustrator who was one of the two main conceptual artists (along with Alan Lee) that worked on the Jackson movies. So that's a good sign. Fingers crossed...

Back