Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the preorder?

Edit: nevermind. Found it on the Facebook page.

Last edited:
I totally get their decision to not include her cloak and circlet (crown). The figure is meant to be scene-specific and is pretty freaking iconic as-is.

And while the cloak seems like it would take a fair amount of time, effort and money for them to produce ... that said ... maybe the circlet might be something they could consider? Maybe? Possibly? :pray:

Personally, I'm thrilled with the figure as shown (particularly with the mirror and pitcher), but there are probably a fair number of people who would like at least that one additional accessory. I don't know much about the industry, or how much it would cost, but it is a very small item.

(I've been looking at photos and it doesn't seem to be terribly different from Thranduil's circlet. Surely, I'm in the minority around these parts but I know I certainly wouldn't know the difference if they just included one of those! :lol)

This! The prototype is a flat out masterpiece! Strange that some folks are saying that not including an accessory or two is a deal breaker. I am hoping that this is just hyperbole. This figure exceeds my expectations of what I imagined the Galadriel figure would be. It?s okay to ask for those things but I would not want to send the message to Asmus that they have failed in someway when they delivered so well for collectors of this line. I for one will be happy with this figure as is. I love the idea of a crown and cape too but in the face of such an amazing unveiling from Asmus I am not complaining about anything!

Complaining about the Galadriel figure not having her crown for a scene specific moment where she didn’t wear it, would be like complaining the Elrond figure didn’t come with his, even though he didn’t wear it in his armor... Just saying...

My only nit (and it’s a minor one) on this is the forehead hairline issue makes her look like she’s wearing a wig. Hopefully a little minor futzing will erase that. Overall, this is awesome.

This! The prototype is a flat out masterpiece! Strange that some folks are saying that not including an accessory or two is a deal breaker. I am hoping that this is just hyperbole. This figure exceeds my expectations of what I imagined the Galadriel figure would be. It?s okay to ask for those things but I would not want to send the message to Asmus that they have failed in someway when they delivered so well for collectors of this line. I for one will be happy with this figure as is. I love the idea of a crown and cape too but in the face of such an amazing unveiling from Asmus I am not complaining about anything!

I agree completely, Asmus has knocked this one out of the park! This may be my favorite release so far, even more than Lord Elrond himself. While I initially wanted the crown and cloak for Galadriel, the altar and other accessories are more than I expected. She will look magnificent on the shelf next to her granddaughter and son in law.

Pre ordered.

My only minor gripe is the dress looks a tiny bit loose. Maybe some some more pinching around the waist would look a little better.

Estimated shipping date of August 2020. Pretty cool.

It's going to be interesting to display, as well.

Do you have her alone with altar/mirror or add Frodo as well? If you don't have a second Frodo, does that leave Sam alone on display or perhaps with Pip and Merry?

Also, that hair could get out of control fairly quickly, if messed around with too much. She's going to be a "set a pose and leave alone" figure, for sure.

Spectacular headsculpt and an amazing looking dress,which totally blows my mind how such intricate detail is done to small clothing.
The accessories are great!!
I'm going to send a pic to Cate now and hope she may respond.😀

i can't pre-order this due to space issues.. but just unreal job with the likeness Asmus. This is a figure that made me wish I had unlimited funds and space. Just stunning work!

Complaining about the Galadriel figure not having her crown for a scene specific moment where she didn’t wear it, would be like complaining the Elrond figure didn’t come with his, even though he didn’t wear it in his armor... Just saying...

So, really they’re nothing alike at all because Elrond never wore a crown when dressed in that armour so why would anyone expect it on the figure whereas Galadriel did wear hers the majority of the time while in this white dress.
Is there another Galadriel coming later with the crown or is this the one chance to own her and she’s missing a great accessory? Why does it have to be a single-scene-specific representation of her instead of providing more options? Faramir got his duster (but no bow...)

Anyways, Asmus responds well to a bit of moaning so it’s always worth a shot if they’ve overlooked something. We’re all blown away by the sculpt and quality of the hair and dress but that shouldn’t negate any suggestions. The omissions are absolutely not deal breakers for me but I want it all and if you don’t ask you don’t get.

I love the crown...but Asmus chose to depict the character from a specific scene from the film in which she was crown-less. That was their choice and it looks like they ran with that choice and are delivering an amazing figure with some cool accessories from the aforementioned scene. Given a choice between a crown-less Galadriel with the altar and the mirror and a crowned one without I am personally happy with the choice that Asmus made. If they had gone the other way (crown but no altar) I would still be ecstatic. It is awesome that Asmus solicits and responds to forum feedback but this may start to feel like a case of no good deed going unpunished for them.

We are reviewing the cape and crown option,
it will depends on the sales,
like a kick start program, I think if we get enough orders, we might actually do it.

like a kick start program, I think if we get enough orders, we might actually do it.

For those of us who are looking forward to having this figure in August and can take or leave the cape and the crown...how much of a delay would you anticipate in the figure being released while these updates would be made?

For those of us who are looking forward to having this figure in August and can take or leave the cape and the crown...how much of a delay would you anticipate in the figure being released while these updates would be made?

it will depends on the developing time,
at moment, I don't think we know it yet

You guys are the best! It would blow my mind that a company would add a late suggestion of accessories for excited fans. I hope Galadriel commands a lot of preorders.

Wow, that's a quick and great response! I hope sales have been good for the first day. I know I put my order in!
How can you not support this company? Hands down the best communication with their customers of anyone.

Back