Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don’t understand why slims with new heads were shipped before expansions. Always seems odd that those who originally supported the first release have to wait longer? ��*♂️
I’m just hoping the expansions have a better paint job than the “thin hair” and star eyes.

I wrote that to them. I understand that the factory sent full packs, so that is why they were earlier, but I mentioned that it is unfair to those that supported them before. Will see.

It will be interesting to see the first pics of these expansion heads, and what color and shape their eyes are. :impatient:

I knew yours was initial because I have your pictures from January 25th. I have detailed files.

Yep, I like it better too... in fact, that's my issue -- I thought that's what I was getting. The fact that they changed the paintwork in mid-release kind of pisses me off.

Now I get the excuse, "well all of our new figures have crappy eyes so you don't get a good one anymore" is not sitting well with me.

:exactly: I do the same. I probably have gigs of posted photos of different figures released just to review poses and quality of the figures...

I understand how it may be a disappointment but is it as obvious in normal viewing distances?

I understand how it may be a disappointment but is it as obvious in normal viewing distances?

He has noticeably dark eyes -- its distracting and disappointing because one of the most distinctive things about Frodo is his brilliant blue eyes.

It would be like having a blue coat when its supposed to be brown. :D

Got my expansions yesterday and I like the frodo head (I liked the old one too) and the metal sting is great! Sam I am not really sure how I feel about the new head...it's okay but I can't decide if I prefer this new one or the original head.

Got my expansions yesterday and I like the frodo head (I liked the old one too) and the metal sting is great! Sam I am not really sure how I feel about the new head...it's okay but I can't decide if I prefer this new one or the original head.

Yes, how are the eyes.... the eyes.... the EYESSSSSS????? And the hair -- thickly painted or thinly painted?

We need photographic evidence. Please.

Thainitty - did your expansions arrive together in a single shipment? I received an order fulfillment/shipping e-mail on the 14th and a package arrived on the 17th (for reference, I'm in Chicago and went with the free shipping option). Unfortunately the package only included the Frodo kit. I have reached out to Asmus to see if they were shipped separately but wondering if anyone else who ordered both can help me out. Thanks!

And for the record I think the improvements made to Frodo are worth the additional investment in the expansion pack if you have the original.

Got both of mine a few days ago. Frodo has the big stars and darker eyes than Sam. �� his hair is ok. But my main issue is sams.. goatee. Anyone else have a Sam with that dark facial hair shadow going? It bothers me so much I wrote to them and asked them if it was normal. Because it shouldn’t be. Sent them photos last night and I’ll update if I hear anything. Love the Frodo sculpt either way, even with the eye issue. 78047227-78A3-4D2F-B90F-16110582450A.jpg

Got both of mine a few days ago. Frodo has the big stars and darker eyes than Sam. his hair is ok. But my main issue is sams.. goatee. Anyone else have a Sam with that dark facial hair shadow going? It bothers me so much I wrote to them and asked them if it was normal. Because it shouldn’t be. Sent them photos last night and I’ll update if I hear anything. Love the Frodo sculpt either way, even with the eye issue. View attachment 409826
So weird

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

I have the slims and I don’t think mine has a 5 o’clock shadow. I think part of the problem with Sam’s sculpt is the hollow face plate(?). If you squinch it just right it looks a lot better.

Got my Sam and Frodo expansion sets today. I guess I have the latest eye paint on my Frodo like everyone else. I would like to say one thing though. I had to put on magnifying glasses and even then it was hard to tell. I love accuracy as much as the next guy, but seriously, when you are blowing up the head 50 times to post a picture on here, you may simply be looking for something to complain about.

Thanks for the picture, Husker.

when you are blowing up the head 50 times to post a picture on here, you may simply be looking for something to complain about.

Sorry, but even across the room I can see Frodo's blue eyes on other's figures (the old Frodo) -- but this new paint design gives Frodo very dark eyes even close up. It's just wrong for the character. Not looking for something to complain about, as I'm generally a champion for Asmus, but I just want what I thought I was getting when I ordered Frodo.

Unfortunately, it looks like this is the new Frodo. Maybe I can pick up the old head one day.

Back