Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you again dude.

Anyway, 2 more little questions:

1) What's that comb you use on the video? Something you say you got with HT's Chewbacca?

2) Why couldn't you just use the neck peg on the original head? What's that about "inbuilt" pegs?

1) The comb was included in the HT Chewbacca figure set to allow you to comb the fur on Chewbacca. It works fairly well on Chewie, but not that well on Aragorn due to the fine hair and sticky product.

2) The original head has an inbuilt peg in that it is not removable from the head. The new head has a female socket and so they had to include a double ball peg that attaches to the head and can then be attached to the neck joint like the original head was attached.

Alright. That's clearer now. Thanks again mate.

Regarding the product they put on Aragorn: can rooted hair be worked on without it, or will rooted hair always become a fuzzy mess, no matter how you manipulate it? Can rooted hair be tamed with residue-free methods like hot water and sustained pression? (you know, using rubber bands for a few days to really reduce its volume)

I have seen wonders like this:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=306481&d=1480071435

And I wonder how people manage to give rooted hair such a realistic styling, maybe even without applying any product...

Regards,
m.

1) The comb was included in the HT Chewbacca figure set to allow you to comb the fur on Chewbacca. It works fairly well on Chewie, but not that well on Aragorn due to the fine hair and sticky product.

2) The original head has an inbuilt peg in that it is not removable from the head. The new head has a female socket and so they had to include a double ball peg that attaches to the head and can then be attached to the neck joint like the original head was attached.

scary thing is my order shows as "completed" but I haven't received any tracking info. I just e-mailed asmus about it.

Mine says the same thing. I emailed them about it a couple weeks ago. This is the response I received on March 30th:

Thank you for sending us the inquiry. Please be ensured that we’ve received and confirmed your order for UPEX004 Frodo Upgrade Expansion Pack and UPEX005 Sam Upgrade Expansion Pack. The products will be posted out to you once when they are ready for shipping.
Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience. Should you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you again for the support.
Best
Sylvia

Received. Beautiful little figure. One of Asmus best.
e0e037c328d79bab9baf8316f1e6dfed.jpg

Can anyone confirm this? I just opened my Sam 2.0. Is the cape supposed to be that narrow? It looks fuller on the instruction sheet. I can't tell from the promo pictures.

Sam Asmus cape.jpg

Can anyone confirm this? I just opened my Sam 2.0. Is the cape supposed to be that narrow? It looks fuller on the instruction sheet. I can't tell from the promo pictures.

View attachment 404750

Yeah, that cloak looks weird. Seems it does not have enough material! It should be wide enough to come around their shoulders and across the front of them.

View attachment 404750
Yeah the Slim Merry and Pippin cloaks are super narrow (and made from thin material too), seems like a cheap alternative. But I'm still displaying them with their traveling cloaks in my set up. To set them apart.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Rzeznikk for the confirmation. Just glad I didn't get a defect I had to find a replacement for. Still, it's a shame Asmus gave us such a poorly cut cape. The slim Frodo cloak is much better.

Yeah the Slim Merry and Pippin cloaks are super narrow (and made from thin material too), seems like a cheap alternative. But I'm still displaying them with their traveling cloaks in my set up. To set them apart.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back