Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any of the hobbits came with stands.

False.
The Slim versions of Merry and Pippin both came with stands (the basic Asmus LOTR stand with a waist-grabber instead of a crotch-grabbed). I was kinda annoyed that neither Slim Frodo nor Slim Sam came with the stand, for continuity. I ended up ordering extra LOTR stands from Toy Anxiety and subbing in waist-grabbers.

Weird, none of them had stands for the original releases.

I think they cut them originally because they hobbits are pretty sturdy and with them b one so short they didn’t want to be like Sideshow and have stands that create levitating hobbits. A bunch of people were annoyed when they did not have the stands so I thought that was why they included them with Merry and Pippin but when they did not come with Frodo and Sam I threw up my arms and gave up trying to figure out the thought process.

About the stand,
we didn't have a suitable stand for the hobbit size.

What we do now in the Slim set is throwing away the crutch holder and go back to waist holder,
so the hobbits can use them.

Yeah, so this is the reason why.

My Frodo is still lacking his head.
UgvAtD4.jpg

I recently asked them again, and they are expected to be shipped in April now :(
Wth is the hold up? Don't understand why these didn't get shipped out along with the full figures. I had a chance to order one of the slim heads off toyanxiety the other day. Would have been here by now too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are accessories on Slim versions better than regular release versions? I know having both Aragorns that the Slim has nice looking sword/dagger.

Back