Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I sincerely hope this doesn't screw me over.

I paid Asmus when I got the invoice, and of course, as always, Paypal put a hold on it for a couple of days before it cleared. Heard nothing, no shipping notice. So I emailed them a few days ago, and got a response that they never recieved payment, and to send over the transaction info. I sent everything I had, and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I sincerely hope I haven't been cheated out of my preorder over this.

I doubt it. They have to have some stock for replacements and I want to say I have seen sold out stuff pop back up on their site before but I might be wrong.

If for some reason they don’t have one left shot an email to Timewalker and see if they can increase their order if they are sold out as well. He was able to re-order one figure for me before even though he had been sold out. It probably depends on what his distributor has access to.

Received my Asmus Frodo slim version yesterday from the post office,
and in my opinion, this is their best headsculpt to date in their Lord of the Rings line
fb17d57743721235d83cc5b3314f6267.jpg
f488b948a08cd7d39140ff838e305539.jpg
d506af914022e508c19bf724a62be63e.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

He looks okay. Is it the distortion of the pictures or does he have a big head compared to the body?

Thank you for the pics! He looks great, though I agree with Cammo that at least in those pictures he seems to be a bit of a bobblehead. Is the head the same size as the other Hobbits?

EDIT: Thanks, FlyandFight, for the response on this!

And thanks for the advice on the sellout, superdoug. Got an email early this morning from Asmus saying they found my payment and they were going to send a shipping notice shortly. Won't really feel comfortable until I get a tracking number, but it looks like I'm in the clear :)

It would just suck to have the entire fellowship (besides Gimli) and miss out on the most important one!

That's great news, thecapn!

Frodo is all around their best figure release, in my opinion. Sculpt, paint apps, outfit and accessories are A+. I don't have a single negative.

That's great news, thecapn!

Frodo is all around their best figure release, in my opinion. Sculpt, paint apps, outfit and accessories are A+. I don't have a single negative.

So excited after all the positive reviews!

FYI, and I know I was being paranoid, but Asmus told me that regardless of "sellout" status, they cover their preorders for 1-2 months after the final invoice was sent. If there's no communication/payment after that, then they make the figure available to others. So I didn't need to really worry.

I don't think they've shipped yet. I got an e-mail when my Merry and Pippin heads shipped (a couple of weeks after they sent out the full figures). No e-mail on Frodo and Sam yet ...

Back