Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm coming from the sideshow 1/6. I'm really happy with these figures so far. I just setup Merry and Pippin as well and am very pleased.
I don't have the first versions of these guys so I can't compare to those.

Got the invoice from In Demand Toys for these two so hopefully they should be here this week or next :)

I got my notice.

So Sam arrived. Right out of the box I was disappoint with the sculpt but as I have futzes with the figure it has grown on me. I think the two piece neck and sculpt hurt Sam because his neck should be thicker and it leaves the head sculpt a sewerage hollow piece that gets distorted. When you push the sculpt out and make it fuller and have his cloak one (which hides the neck) he looks pretty good in my opinion and is an improvement from the first one.

So has everyone who preordered - and paid for - Frodo gotten a ship notice? I haven't gotten one yet...

I got my notice last week, but the tracking still indicates "pre-shipment", so it appears it still hasn't actually shipped.

I got my notice last week, but the tracking still indicates "pre-shipment", so it appears it still hasn't actually shipped.

Got the tracking for my Frodo. It's already in my country (Canada), but usually it gets stuck a full week before it starts moving again.

Arwen tease by Asmus today!

01.jpg

Frodo (slim) arrived today and in my opinion, it's the best sculpt in the LOTR line thus far.

It's a 1/6th scaled Elijah Wood as Frodo.

Paint apps are great as well. Great job, Asmus!

asmus frodo 1.jpg

asmus frodo 2.jpg

Nice! my frodo is in the post office and will drop by later to pick it up.
Btw im on the fence on getting the Samwise figure, any of you ordered the frodo but passed on the sam figure?

Frodo is out of stock at Asmus' store??? Dammit! I really wanted to get both him and Sam.
The prices on ebay are bigger plus I like shippin' option from Asmus...
Won't be gettin' anything now. :(

Back