Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samwise Gamgee 2.0 arrived in Minas Miami today!

The first thing I checked was the body, to make sure it wasn't loose, which fortunately it wasn't.

Outfit is outstanding, as are the accessories.

The head sculpt is, in my opinion, a 7.5 out of 10. There's no denying who it is supposed to be. I don't have the first version, so can't compare but I do like the sculpt. It may not be an exact capture of Sean Astin but it definitely captures the essence of him as Sam.

I'm a big fan of metal weapons. Sharper details.

26814521_10155018708801968_5875655272895869671_n (1).jpg

I got Sam last night, and I was less than impressed, honestly. Nothing seems to be as finely tailored as we've come to expect, and the lack of stand - when Merry and Pippin got one - is a bit cheap.

Regarding the headsculpt though, I think part of what's throwing it off is it's made of an extremely thin vinyl, and it's not holding it's shape very well. I filled it with kneadatite and let it dry a little "fatter" and I think it made a world of difference.

IMG_3420[1].jpg

IMG_20180120_205948.jpgIMG_20180120_210048.jpg

It would be great if someone could explain to me how to attach the pans to the backpack because the I couldn't find any leather string things. Pretty sure I did it totally wrong.

Wait, maybe I do have that but there was no way I could get the loops of the pans through it.

ed174258a13c0e0825ed33fc514fb59a.jpg

I didn’t want to push the strap through the pan holes because it looked too thick. I ended up threading some thin wire through the holes then made a loop which I stuffed into the backpack.
Were those sausages from another set? Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back