Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello !
It's been a while I have not post here. I didn't have the time these last two years so I continued to buy the figures but did not futz them, eventually even let some in the boxes.
Now I have time again and I futz and display the accumulated figures, so I should post a couple of pictures in the upcoming days. ;)
Let's start with Sam. Asmus has done a great job with him. I just think that the headscupt was slightly distorded so I widened the face a little. (with a piece of wood). In my opinion, it improves the likeness. I also repainted the hair.
Here is the result:

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7528'.jpg

I repainted the bag, twisted the attach of the gourd:

IMG_7707.JPG

And mostly, I tightened the straps of the backpack. It improves, I think, the realism:

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7709.JPG

And final pictures:

IMG_7711.JPG

IMG_7726.JPG

Overall I'm really happy with this figure, the outfit is gorgeous, and the likeness can be improved a little with few efforts. (In my opinion, because likeness is sometimes very subjective... You will tell me if you agree or not. ;) )
Thank you Asmus for this great figure, happy to be back on the board !
:)

I see Frodo is back up for order at BBTS. But i don't know if i should order it cause i don't know which HS i'll get.

I've emailed Amus twice with no response.

Thanks for the comments.
A fat suit is a good idea, thank you, I will do it.

Hi all. Just a heads up. It looks like at the time of posting this, Popcultcha have a Frodo and Sam 2-pack in stock. Looks to possibly be the original release with the old headsculpts. Worth checking out if you missed out on them.:) It's in the "Lucky Last" section at the bottom of their homepage. Good luck!

Hello !
It's been a while I have not post here. I didn't have the time these last two years so I continued to buy the figures but did not futz them, eventually even let some in the boxes.
Now I have time again and I futz and display the accumulated figures, so I should post a couple of pictures in the upcoming days. ;)
Let's start with Sam. Asmus has done a great job with him. I just think that the headscupt was slightly distorded so I widened the face a little. (with a piece of wood). In my opinion, it improves the likeness. I also repainted the hair.
Here is the result:

View attachment 424950

View attachment 424951

I repainted the bag, twisted the attach of the gourd:

View attachment 424952

And mostly, I tightened the straps of the backpack. It improves, I think, the realism:

View attachment 424953

View attachment 424954

And final pictures:

View attachment 424955

View attachment 424956

Overall I'm really happy with this figure, the outfit is gorgeous, and the likeness can be improved a little with few efforts. (In my opinion, because likeness is sometimes very subjective... You will tell me if you agree or not. ;) )
Thank you Asmus for this great figure, happy to be back on the board !

Widening the face definitely improves the likeness. I'm sure adding padding or a fat suit will help as well.

I just got the Samwise slim figure and seriously how do you get the pans and stuff on his backpack? That strap is much too large for the holes the have on them. Any help would wonderful. Thanks.

I just got the Samwise slim figure and seriously how do you get the pans and stuff on his backpack? That strap is much too large for the holes the have on them. Any help would wonderful. Thanks.

I found that tricky too. I threaded some thin wire through the pan handles and spoons and tucked that into the bag.
b887f70ca1425f44d21a499bbc09b94d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still hoping Asmus will update us on the replacement Frodo head...

Anyone?

Haven't seen or heard anything since early Aug when they last responded to my email asking about it. They said they were working out the details and would make an announcement when they're ready. I really hope they follow through on the statement that they would fix it for customers that bought the expansion set.

Back