Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to Amus and this line. LOVE LOTR.

I am confused about which Frodo to get how many variants are there? Where do i purchase ETC?

thanks

Hi Rixx. There are two versions of Frodo, the second one is called SLIM, and has a few less accessories (not elven cloak) but has an improved sculpt. That improved sculpt was offered loose too, so previous buyers could upgrade their figure with the new, nicer, sculpt. There were two types of this Slim Frodo, the first one pleased everyone, but Asmus wanted to improve a second batch in production, and they chose a darker eye color, paler skin with less texture, and a different hair traitment. Many people were displeased by those unannounced changes, so Asmus decided to do a new batch of headsculpts and send it to displeased customers for free.
So your best option is purchase Frodo SLIM and see if your headsculpt is one of the first batch (good) or the second one (no so good), and if you're not happy with the sculpt send a message to Asmus so they'll send you the new headsculpt (probably it will take a while, months).

Nobody knows! Some people getting it from their store (me) got the first batch. Other people got the second. Not sure how you could know until you open it.

For those wondering I emailed to ask details for the Frodo head replacements for both Asmus and Retailer (BBTS) orders. They said a public announcement will come soon.

Maybe i should just wait then or if anyone knows where i can get the V1 (good HS) let me know.

If you wait too much you risk missing him and you'll have to pay extra! Email Asmus directly to know if the stock on their store is first batch or second. Also, you can get a deal on eBay, but it probably will be much more expensive than in Asmus store. You can see that other figures like Sam or Aragorn are sold out, and Frodo was sold out recently. I guess they have done more now, but I wouldn't wait too much, just in case.

Yeah i will email them.

So there's not a 3rd HS coming out then? Thanks!

And that will be the original V1?

Never got an email back from Amus yet.
The Version 1 looked nothing like Elijah Wood to begin with.

Then they offered the "Slim" version with a better headsculpt.

At this time they offered the expansion head for those that purchased the Version 1.

Batch 1 of the Slim's went out and sold out. Which had a really decent nice paint app. With Rosey cheeks and bright blue eyes.

Then Batch 2 of the Slims came out with a paler paint app and dark eyes (wtf).

The expansion heads came out during the Batch 2 run of the Slim's. So the people that ordered the Version 1 at the very beginning that also ordered the expansions were upset that they got an inferior paint app.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Version 1 looked nothing like Elijah Wood to begin with.

Then they offered the "Slim" version with a better headsculpt.

At this time they offered the expansion head for those that purchased the Version 1.

Batch 1 of the Slim's went out and sold out. Which had a really decent nice paint app. With Rosey cheeks and bright blue eyes.

Then Batch 2 of the Slims came out with a paler paint app and dark eyes (wtf).

The expansion heads came out during the Batch 2 run of the Slim's. So the people that ordered the Version 1 at the very beginning that also ordered the expansions were upset that they can an inferior paint app.

This history is correct and should be bookmarked.

I hope Asmus plans to also replace the headsculpts of the 2nd batch Slims... like the one I got. Basically, if you have a pale Frodo head, you should qualify for a replacement.

Yeah all i know is that i want the head with the nice paint apps and EJ likeness.

Back