Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Slim Frodo also missing the Mithril shirt?

I just noticed that accessory while looking at Michael Crawford's review - apparently it was an exclusive to the original 2-pack (which I forgot to preorder). As a completionist, I hope Asmus makes these accessories available.

Is Slim Frodo also missing the Mithril shirt?

I just noticed that accessory while looking at Michael Crawford's review - apparently it was an exclusive to the original 2-pack (which I forgot to preorder). As a completionist, I hope Asmus makes these accessories available.
The Mythril Shirt was the exclsuive bonus accessory.

It's not included in the SLIM Frodo release

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the first Asmus Frodo and the Sideshow 1/6 Frodo from 2008? I have the Sideshow and was thinking of upgrading just the head to the new slim expansion head. Does anyone think it will look good and the neck peg would work based on the previous Asmus head?

Sideshow’s hobbits are too big. Also the head and neck for Asmus’ first release is a piece. If my memory serves me correct the neck and head on Sideshow are separate pieces. I did give my pre-Lothlorien Frodo the Weathertop sword from Sideshow’s. That carries over pretty well.

Thanks! I'll probably buy the entire slim Frodo anyway. There are still some nice parts to the Sideshow figure like the Lothlorien cape.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison photo of the Sideshow and Asmus Frodos? Curious to see the size difference.

Sideshow’s hobbits are too big. Also the head and neck for Asmus’ first release is a piece. If my memory serves me correct the neck and head on Sideshow are separate pieces. I did give my pre-Lothlorien Frodo the Weathertop sword from Sideshow’s. That carries over pretty well.

Asmus cleared up my mistake when ordering the slim Frodo and Sam. Now it's 1 slim Sam and 1 slim Frodo.

Looking forward to receiving the 4 Hobbits! And where is Boromir? :impatient:

When is the last day you can pre-order the SLIM Frodo directly from Asmus? I'm really tempted to get him... just trying to scrape up the funds.

I got an answer from Asmus FB, and as far as I understand they will ship both figures and extension packs starting from the middle of December and probably some will be sent after the New Year in 2018. I suppose they send big orders first and that is why some people receive their figures earlier than those who ordered directly but only one figure.

I wonder when or if sideshow is going to list these.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I messaged asmus about these and merry and pippin expansions and they said maybe next week for merry and pippin and a little longer than that for Sam and frodo

Back