Asmus Toys: Eomer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Éomer

I took my oldest two to see the Return of the King for the first time today. I was great seeing it with them in the theaters never thought I would ever be able to do that.

I took my oldest two to see the Return of the King for the first time today. I was great seeing it with them in the theaters never thought I would ever be able to do that.

This is wonderful.
image the trilogy is now almost 20 years ago, and the poor Hobbit didn't bring much of the new lovers in,
I start to feel The Lord of the Ring has becoming more of a "classics" (like The Aliens... a really really old movie, right?)

I can also see my kid asks me one day
"Dad, how come the orcs in The Rings look so real?"

PS: not trying to start a discussion of how The Hobbit failed...

Looking forward to the full reveal. Hopefully there will be a deluxe version with an armored horse since he is a Rider of Rohan.
I wonder if Theoden is in the plans--either Theoden in Battle Armor or weakened/whithered King Theoden on Throne (which would need Grima Wormtounge of course), or both.

This is wonderful.
image the trilogy is now almost 20 years ago, and the poor Hobbit didn't bring much of the new lovers in,
I start to feel The Lord of the Ring has becoming more of a "classics" (like The Aliens... a really really old movie, right?)

I can also see my kid asks me one day
"Dad, how come the orcs in The Rings look so real?"

PS: not trying to start a discussion of how The Hobbit failed...

Just sayin' tho I don't think the Hobbit failed...financially all 3 blockbusters and one of Warner Brothers cash cows at the time; lots of articles about how the Hobbit films (and I think the Hunger Games) saved - several times - a pretty flat box office...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hobbit-riding-high-757333

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is giving the holiday box office a much-needed boost this weekend, adding a stellar $16.5 million Friday on its way to the No. 1 spot for the weekend.

Tho for me don't wanna re-hash either the *battles* that went on:horror between outraged *Hobbit purists*:monkey3 and folks like me who have a lot of admiration for what Peter Jackson was able to achieve, at times without a lot to work with (like, Tolkien hadn't spent as much time on dwarf culture as the elves, or maybe he was too busy:dunno). In any case I choose the Hobbit films, if I had to. Both franchises have things that I wish Jackson had done differently:cuckoo:. Above all wish Warner Brothers hadn't been so cheap:mad: and let Jackson and team work on unreleased Hobbit and LOTR footage.

I'd pick up Eomer, probably...but getting more than one Thorin and Bilbo for sure:drool! Tho for me not going out of my way to collect LOTR figs. Always liked Eomer tho - fierce badass warrior. ESPECIALLY if he comes with Firefoot.:drool

Just stumbled across this thread, completely missed the Eomer photo that was released. So happy to see this coming. Just adding a quick bump to this as we are without a doubt getting a photo during NYCC. Really hope he comes with a mount.

Ready yourselves, PO drops in a mere two days.

V5Djtn9.jpg

Fingers crossed he comes with horse. Wouldn’t feel much like a Rider of Rohan without.

Last edited:

I don't think they're making his horse Firefoot. I REALLY wish they would, but I believe they mentioned in another thread a while back that they weren't doing steeds for Eomer or Arwen. But I could easily be mis-remembering that. In fact, I HOPE I'm mis-remembering that!

I don't think they're making his horse Firefoot. I REALLY wish they would, but I believe they mentioned in another thread a while back that they weren't doing steeds for Eomer or Arwen. But I could easily be mis-remembering that. In fact, I HOPE I'm mis-remembering that!

Some other company is making a 1/6 white and a bay horse...I was thinking about one as a stand in for Shadowfax....I suppose the white could be painted re Firefoot....but the saddle/reins???

I wish ASMUS would put out the deluxe Eomer w. Firefoot - not complaining, it just would be cool.

Some other company is making a 1/6 white and a bay horse...I was thinking about one as a stand in for Shadowfax....I suppose the white could be painted re Firefoot....but the saddle/reins???

I wish ASMUS would put out the deluxe Eomer w. Firefoot - not complaining, it just would be cool.

Yeah, I've said it a bunch of times before, but I wish Asmus would revisit the steeds and basically consider them not as figures in themselves, but as non-articulated accessories or bases. Solid sculpts with manes and tails and gear. I don't need anything to move. (Hell, I wouldn't even mind if most of the gear was sculpted permanently onto the horse, if that kept productions costs down for them.)

The articulation on the early steeds was a cool idea and I appreciate their efforts, but in practice it didn't work out as well as it could have.

Ordered!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back