Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark..."

f402ce4b5b36e74f88d2cc23dad7ff39.jpg

My review of Boromir (rooted version) is up on Exclucollective.com if you're still on the fence or just check it out and tell me what you think. Lots of nice pics (I tried at least!)
"...so small a thing...such a little thing..."

View attachment 395839

Wonderful photos and an excellent review! This truly is an amazing figure and Asmus need to give themselves a big pat on the back.

Excellent Review and Pictures. :)
But even without that, Sean Bean is one of my all time favourite actors. So I will try to get that figure once I have some Money saved (just bought some other figures recently...)

Thanks for taking the time to read it, guys!

Wonderful photos and an excellent review! This truly is an amazing figure and Asmus need to give themselves a big pat on the back.

Agreed!

Excellent Review and Pictures. :)
But even without that, Sean Bean is one of my all time favourite actors. So I will try to get that figure once I have some Money saved (just bought some other figures recently...)

Yeah, I'm a big fan myself - have you watched the Frankenstein Chronicles yet?

Great review! I actually did read your previous reviews without knowing you were in the forums. Guess Boromir will be my next!

Thanks! And good choice!

Here's a b-side I didn't put in the review...

Such-a-little-thing-B-side-800.jpg

No, haven't seen the Frankenstein Chronicles yet. But will watch it for sure. :)

Saw Black Death recently.

Just got my Bro-Mir; what a great looking figure. Had to go with the sculpted hair, don't have the styling skills that some of you fellas. Is it me or does it seem so much more impressive in hand!? Asmus should have gave us an option for deluxe, perhaps a stand depicting the scene in Rivendell with the Narsil broken sword. A couple pics of Boromir and the family, just missing a short, stalky, hairy dude (also looking for a good price on a Nazgul).

20180302_165248.jpg

20180302_162509.jpg

Great collection right there! :) I always forget how small those Hobbits actually are.

Asmus, will there be any way to purchase the sculpted head separately? I know you said it wasn’t economic to crest a rooted expansion head but just wondering about he sculpted variant. I have the rooted one but would love the sculpted head to complete my collection [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28907650_10160522196000157_1903210862_n.jpg28907798_10160522195595157_458431953_n.jpg

Before he arrived I was dead set on passing him along for other financial reasons. I thought about it for a while
After he arrived , I have to say this is perhaps some of the best Asmus has ever delivered. Thranduil and Saruman were great, Gandalf the grey was nice but the prototype HS was superior, but this time, Boromir has far outdone all my expectations.

The hair needs just a little bit of fuzzing. i used dilluted white glue with water to make the hair closer to the sculpt. His clothing and acessories are GORGEOUS. this feels like a deluxe figure, definitely on par with Hot Toys.

The only criticism I have is about his eyes and nose, they made him look a little older and gaunt, but its nothing to detract from the great figure he is. Sorry for the cam pics, but this was one of the few times where I received something and was surprised tenfold by the quality

Great job Asmus

View attachment 399792View attachment 399793

Before he arrived I was dead set on passing him along for other financial reasons. I thought about it for a while
After he arrived , I have to say this is perhaps some of the best Asmus has ever delivered. Thranduil and Saruman were great, Gandalf the grey was nice but the prototype HS was superior, but this time, Boromir has far outdone all my expectations.

The hair needs just a little bit of fuzzing. i used dilluted white glue with water to make the hair closer to the sculpt. His clothing and acessories are GORGEOUS. this feels like a deluxe figure, definitely on par with Hot Toys.

The only criticism I have is about his eyes and nose, they made him look a little older and gaunt, but its nothing to detract from the great figure he is. Sorry for the cam pics, but this was one of the few times where I received something and was surprised tenfold by the quality

Great job Asmus

thank you,
we still have much to learn and much to improve !!
we will get there!

Finally picked this up. Love it, it was worthy of replacing the old Sideshow one even though I still think that the Sideshow version still held up very well.
99a3b8eb85731c26454c3760a702a959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sideshow's Boromir was actually a very nice figure. The entire line improved as it progressed. Outfits and gear still stand the test of time. Head sculpts and paint apps are where the big differences can be seen.

I still have all of the Sideshow LotR figures and hesitate to remove them from display, even with the over-all better renditions from Asmus. (although I know that they will eventually have to go...)

Back