Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to see the sideshow version, as well?

Yeah, thanks for that. I wanted to see the two side by side. Curious how things have changed. Pretty incredible difference.

I was looking at some pics of the Sideshow Boromir online and it looked pretty good on its own, but when you see it next to the Asmus there's just no comparison really -- color, material, tailoring, sculpting, detail work, everything on the Asmus shows the improvements with time.

Finally got around to properly posing this guy. I think the likeness is definitely there with proper lighting and hair futzing. I'll probably end up cutting a bit of the hair this weekend as I think it's a little long.
6001497449bd85d533887494adaedc33.jpg
1f7d77d146531541ffb85a588b1fac96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, I finally caved and bought Aragorn & Legolas on eBay and have pre-ordered Gimli. I thought the multicultural trio would be enough for me but you’re all really selling me on Boromir. Especially that last pic. I need to get me a tiny little ring now!
Regarding asmus themselves; where are they actually located? Is it Asia or US?

Wow, I finally caved and bought Aragorn & Legolas on eBay and have pre-ordered Gimli. I thought the multicultural trio would be enough for me but you’re all really selling me on Boromir. Especially that last pic. I need to get me a tiny little ring now!
Regarding asmus themselves; where are they actually located? Is it Asia or US?
Keep in mind that ring is from Frodo. Boromir doesn't include it. They are in Taiwan.

In my opinion, this figure doesn't get enough praise. It really is terrific. (I have the rooted version, not the sculpted one, so I can't speak for that one.) But the costume and accessories for this are terrific. And I actually dig the sculpt and the rooted hair quite a lot.

Keep in mind that ring is from Frodo. Boromir doesn't include it. They are in Taiwan.
Thanks for the info. Ordering from Taiwan could work out well for me although they use fedex which means I’ll definitely get busted by customs even if they’re in the practice of undervaluing packages. Any uk residents here buy directly from asmus?
I noticed the ring came with Frodo earlier today while browsing their figures. It may be a tad ott to buy the whole figure just for that accessory although it’s almost worth it to recreate that scene with Boromir.

Thanks for the info. Ordering from Taiwan could work out well for me although they use fedex which means I’ll definitely get busted by customs even if they’re in the practice of undervaluing packages. Any uk residents here buy directly from asmus?
I noticed the ring came with Frodo earlier today while browsing their figures. It may be a tad ott to buy the whole figure just for that accessory although it’s almost worth it to recreate that scene with Boromir.
I got the ring off Toy Anxiety, they had some they were selling parted out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hy guyz!
Any tips and tricks, issues and fixes to share with newcomers? My Boromir is still ini its box, but it is in line for a "release" for which I am preparing, hence my asking.

I am going to change the boots. I like pleather, flexible ones. Any suggestions for a nice alternative anybody?

The version I got is the rooted one. Nice, but I long for something better. I consider rooting the Commonwealth head (when the day come that I learn how to root, for the time being, I have to get that damn head!). It is bery accurate likeness-wise. Any thoughts anybody?

How does that blue coat behave? Seems unwieldly...

Thanks to you all, helpful ones!
m.

Hi dudes.
I have bought this figure, will receive it soon and would like to find out about tips/tricks/issues/fixes/best practices regarding it.
Any of you willing to summarize the state of the art of Asmus Boromir ownership?
Thanks,
m.

EDIT: wow, I posted this message twice.... you just can't do stuff when you are falling asleep...... :-((((

Hi dudes.
I have bought this figure, will receive it soon and would like to find out about tips/tricks/issues/fixes/best practices regarding it.
Any of you willing to summarize the state of the art of Asmus Boromir ownership?
Thanks,
m.

I loved mine out of the box but I used some red Dax Wax to coat and style the hair closer to the movie look with the strands of hair in front of his ears and his fringe tucked behind his ears.

Hey buddy, thanks for your input!
What about the boots? They are solid plastic right? Don't you want to switch to pleather, so that poses can be more dynamic?
I just don't know what boots would be adequate? You own this figure, so please tell me: how are the ankle articulation? HT-like?
How does that blue coat behave? Seems quite too thick....
Wow... never heard of that wax. Why wax?? Just the idea of it makes me fill all sticky.... Why would you want to put that on your figure's hair?

Anyone else any ideas?

Regards,
m.

I loved mine out of the box but I used some red Dax Wax to coat and style the hair closer to the movie look with the strands of hair in front of his ears and his fringe tucked behind his ears.

Hey buddy, thanks for your input!
What about the boots? They are solid plastic right? Don't you want to switch to pleather, so that poses can be more dynamic?
I just don't know what boots would be adequate? You own this figure, so please tell me: how are the ankle articulation? HT-like?
How does that blue coat behave? Seems quite too thick....
Wow... never heard of that wax. Why wax?? Just the idea of it makes me fill all sticky.... Why would you want to put that on your figure's hair?

Anyone else any ideas?

Regards,
m.

I'm not much of a major futzer to be honest, I just tweak things as I go to improve the movie accuracy but try not get too obsessed with details lol...I used Dax Wax on the hair as it holds the shape better than gel and can be restyled. It dries out eventually but still holds the style. Boromir's hair is always greasy in the movie so if anything, coating it with wax actually helps it look more real.

There isn't much in the way of ankle articulation on this figure but the boots are not super hard so you can heat the foot up and move it about a bit for more of a pose if desired.

The coat is nice and very flexible for whatever pose you want.

OK... Thanks for the further info mate!

Anyone else any ideas?

Regards,
m.

I'm not much of a major futzer to be honest, I just tweak things as I go to improve the movie accuracy but try not get too obsessed with details lol...I used Dax Wax on the hair as it holds the shape better than gel and can be restyled. It dries out eventually but still holds the style. Boromir's hair is always greasy in the movie so if anything, coating it with wax actually helps it look more real.

There isn't much in the way of ankle articulation on this figure but the boots are not super hard so you can heat the foot up and move it about a bit for more of a pose if desired.

The coat is nice and very flexible for whatever pose you want.

finally got around to getting boromir I found the rooted hair one on amazon for 150 and thought that price was to good to pass up.

Forbidden planet must have wanted this damn thing that I see there every time I’m there, out of their store. They just blew it out for 99 bucks and free shipping on their site, so obviously I picked it up. I’ll try my damndest to make it look passable.

Back