Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine this morning. This is a winning figure. Glorious.

Boro2.jpg
Boro3.jpg
Boro1.jpg

With some friends...

Boro5.jpg
Boro6.jpg

Nice!

My rooted hair version arrived but I am still waiting on my sculpted hair to arrive. My biggest gripe is I cannot get the cloak to sit well on him but that is a futzing problem on my part.

Received my sculpted-hair version yesterday morning & finally got around to getting him out of the packaging now... Sorry about the harsh, middle-night lighting.

20171230_013412.jpg
20171230_013314.jpg
20171230_013348.jpg
20171230_013258.jpg

This figure is a home-run for me. Way to go, Asmus! Now, bring on the dwarf ;)

Nice pics! The sculpted hair looks really good. I'm hoping SS will start shipping so I could have my rooted hair version soon. May get my vote for figure of the year.

I received mine yesterday and I absolutely love this figure! Likeness is 'almost' perfect but the tailoring is definitely tops! I think Asmus continues to improve as the joints are tight, body sturdy AND the hands can easily swap out this time around (unlike Legolas). Just wanted to share some of my pics!:)

B1.JPG
B2.JPG
B3.JPG
B5.JPG
B6.JPG

My Collection is getting there!

B7.JPG
B8.JPG

Asmus, great job on this release now PLEASE bring on Gimli!:clap

Got my sculpted hair version today and really happy how he turned out. I was kind of regretting not getting the rooted hair version, but the sculpted hair version looks really good.

One of the straps on the shield became unglued where it connects inside the ring. Does anyone have a suggestion on the type of glue to use to reglue the strap?

Super glue or crazy glue.

Just ordered the sculpted hair version of this. The rooted hair version is already on his way but after looking at these pics, I need both.

Awesome pics from everyone! I've had my rooted hair ver for a while and really love him, looks so good to almost have the complete fellowship! Wish I knew how to style hair :slap the sculpted hair version turned out great! We are almost there guys and gals

My rooted hair version arrived last week but I haven't been able to put him on display yet. He does look amazing, though.

And the sculpted hair version looks fantastic as well. Asmus did a great job with the sculpt.

Waiting for the local shop to get the sculpted hair in. Still not sold on the rooted hair at this length.

My sculpted one arrive so now I have a rooted and a sculpted version. After having both in hand in my opinion the sculpted one is a lot better. I am sure people with hair styling abilities can probably do wonders with the rooted one but for me right out of the box the sculpted wins. My preference would be to get both a sculpted & rooted head sculpt in the same box for the main figures. I know that would add to the cost but it’s cheaper than buying two full figures because you are undecided after looking at preorder photos.

Finally got mine set-up. The clothing and accessories are top-notch! The head sculpt... *almost* there. (The profile is spot-on, though.) Overall, I'm very pleased with Boromir! He's really got this presence in-hand. So glad the Fellowship is almost complete :D

9FC1125E-1C80-4585-9C88-3331AF894632.jpg

Hey for those that have received their Boromir, did the packaging come with a cardboard art insert with the edition number like the previous figures? Frodo/Sam and Merry/Pippin and Gandalf all came with a cardboard insert with the numbering. But my Boromir didnt have that, just the clamshell. Not really a big deal, but I was wondering why Asmus didnt do it this time (unless it's a mistake for mine?)

I have a rooted and sculpted Boromir and neither of them came with an insert. Same with my slim hobbits. I think Asmus stopped doing them. I cannot remember if slim Aragorn or Legolas came with the inserts or not.

Maybe they stopped doing the inserts because they may not be adhering so tightly to edition sizes anymore? Just a guess. What with all the "slim" editions and expansion sets, it may just be too complicated to keep track anymore?

IMG_20180111_190321.jpg

I'm am so impressed with this. I think I'm in love. My first Asmus figure since the Nazgul on Steed which was nice but has too many problems so I gave up on this company for a couple of years. So glad I gave them another chance.

Thanks. :). I'd prefer to not have the dagger in his hand but I don't want to switch out the hand again and he looks silly with that hand if he's holding nothing. I couldn't get him holding the strap for his shield in anyway that I liked.
I love this figure. Can't wait to see the sculpted hair one in person.

really liking this figure, which coat are you guys gonna display it with? not sure to go with the elven one or the thicker

Back