Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boromir has been stuck in customs for 6 days now; hoped to have him for Christmas but it's not gonna happen.

Thanks guys. It's been a fun journey lol

Can't wait for Gimli!! I'm really hoping they give him Balins Tomb for a base!

Yeah, that would look awesome, especially with some of the other diorama pieces in your collection already. Looking forward to completing the Fellowship in 2018 and seeing how you set them all up in your collection!

Watching Fellowship as I unbox and play around with this guy! Asmus really is great when it comes to tailoring and the clothes. I don't see much Sean Bean in the sculpt though. Might have to look at some other options. Maybe Threezeros...I dunno. It's decent though. Going to futz with it some more. The horn of Gondors strap is too short, Ill be replacing it with a longer string. Otherwise Im pretty happy. I'm excited to get the Expansions for the hobbits and of course to round this set out with Gimli!!

Great collection! I really love the display stands. Any chance you have a thread detailing how you made them or what you used? I’d love to copy them for mine.

Yeah, that would look awesome, especially with some of the other diorama pieces in your collection already. Looking forward to completing the Fellowship in 2018 and seeing how you set them all up in your collection!
KIller display, Rzeznikk! :panic:
Those bases are awesome! Who did the hairing on Gandalf?

Also, has anyone got notice from SSCs for Boromir yet?
Great collection! I really love the display stands. Any chance you have a thread detailing how you made them or what you used? I’d love to copy them for mine.
Ditto on what everyone else has said. That setup looks great!
Thanks everybody. Unfortunately I don't have any tutorial on how I made these but I usually pick up loose HT DX bases when I find them to convert to different custom bases for certain figures in the collection. The Legolas and the Merry and Pippin "bases" are simple decor from a pet store. I just dremeled a hole into Legolas to add a dynamic base pole into.

As for the Gandalf it was a one off custom head sculpt I found on eBay. The base sculpt is from a Toys Era Magento I believe.

I plan to do a collection video showcasing all of the Fellowship once I have Gimli to round out the line up.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Son of Gondor and Mother of Dragons had both been sitting in customs in LA since the 15th, both arrived the 26th so it takes some time, especially around this time of year. Boromir is pretty awesome. Looks good right out of the box but I will add some gel at some point to make his hair a bit finer/greasier looking. Love the fur lined cloak, really top notch. The sword is nice and heavy and the shield and horn are both great accessories. He is definitely a great figure. I am looking forward to Gimli, hopefully early next year.

Got my Boromir today. I’m at work so didn’t take him completely out of box yet. Initial thoughts though of looking at him still in packaging he looks like he’s going to be a stunning figure. They always look so much better in hand. I think the headsculpt looks pretty darn good.

Attachments

• 055BEDBA-0E55-4693-83BF-CBF04ABA5B82.jpg
    055BEDBA-0E55-4693-83BF-CBF04ABA5B82.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 45977C23-7643-4DBB-9763-C26C52FBE54F.jpg
    45977C23-7643-4DBB-9763-C26C52FBE54F.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
And mine FINALLY arrived today; I'm at work but I'm excited to finally check it out.

Back