Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had purchased threezero ned stark to custom a boromir, but sold him based on my trust that Asmus will eventually make him

I guess I am on the other side of things. I have all so far and overall I am thrilled with them. I have some nitpicks but the good vastly outweighs the bad in my opinion.

Please don't let one or two mistake lose the faith our effort,
we have deliver good result in recent releases like Aragorn and Bard,

And we will upgrade Tauriel and Gandalf the White for sure.

Just an idea but you may want to make an official announcement in the Tauriel thread and even on the Asmus FB that you will be upgrading the Tauriel sculpt. I'm sure you've noticed that Asmus as a company is getting ripped on FB over the Tauriel sculpt. Tauriel doesn't affect me at all since I am not getting it but as a suggestion you may want to offer it as a free upgrade and not one where you get it if you buy a different product. I personally love what you're doing and would say to see the line take an early demise because of angry collectors.

It's not about one or two mistakes. I feel Asmus presented themself like a young company selling good quality figures at low price (comparing to star companies like hot toys). Prices grew up but quality did not, especially with the introduction of human characters. The last ones I bought looked cheap, and required too much work to look correct. Actually I feel they are asking high prices for... toys. Toys and not collectors items.
Ok, Bard looks very good, and for Aragorn they paid attention to details and accessories (despite, according to the pics I saw, I still don't like the materials for the clothes and the headsculpt with plastic hair.)
I still trust them and hope they will dramatically improve the quality so the next figures won't look like dolls. I will probably buy Boromir because I love the character, but if I'm disappointed it will be the last purchase.
Good luck Asmus !!! :D

I am not losing faith in Asmus yet. Overall I am happier with Asmus' approach and their product than I have been with Sideshow's figures lately. Asmus' Bard and Aragorn beat any production painted head sculpt I have gotten from Sideshow.

Sculpt looks great. Very very excited for this character.
Please dont do any hard plastic boots, this is why i didnt get Eowyn or Tauriel. Molded boots are fine if they are soft for articulation.

It's not about one or two mistakes. I feel Asmus presented themself like a young company selling good quality figures at low price (comparing to star companies like hot toys). Prices grew up but quality did not, especially with the introduction of human characters. The last ones I bought looked cheap, and required too much work to look correct. Actually I feel they are asking high prices for... toys. Toys and not collectors items.
Ok, Bard looks very good, and for Aragorn they paid attention to details and accessories (despite, according to the pics I saw, I still don't like the materials for the clothes and the headsculpt with plastic hair.)
I still trust them and hope they will dramatically improve the quality so the next figures won't look like dolls. I will probably buy Boromir because I love the character, but if I'm disappointed it will be the last purchase.
Good luck Asmus !!! :D

Agreed. I really do want Asmus to succeed...but it's a lot of money to be spending to then have a less than stellar product arrive. Not everyone will agree but it's all a matter of opinion. I like Asmus and want them to succeed as a company. More importantly I LOVE middle earth and want to be continually happy with purchases.

Hi, I love my LOTR figures but realize that seems to be a lot of hate for Asmus... Not everything is perfect but as long as things are getting better, I will continue to give my support. Sincerely wish Asmus to improve, succeed and continue to give us the figures that we love. Appreciate the gesture of upgrading after our feedback, thanks. Keep it up !!

I guess I am on the other side of things. I have all so far and overall I am thrilled with them. I have some nitpicks but the good vastly outweighs the bad in my opinion.

Same here. Only thing I've been real unhappy with are the horses (joints), but that's just a matter of opinion, since I'd rather have unjointed ones.

I don't take pics of my fig's heads and blow them up real big to inspect them either. :dunno

Just an idea but you may want to make an official announcement in the Tauriel thread and even on the Asmus FB that you will be upgrading the Tauriel sculpt. I'm sure you've noticed that Asmus as a company is getting ripped on FB over the Tauriel sculpt. Tauriel doesn't affect me at all since I am not getting it but as a suggestion you may want to offer it as a free upgrade and not one where you get it if you buy a different product. I personally love what you're doing and would say to see the line take an early demise because of angry collectors.

:goodpost:This. I agree fully, please don't make it looks like Asmus is neglecting the problems on their previous problem by not responding on the proper thread

and this make the fans who excited for Boromir will be disturbed by other character's problem

They are listening to collectors and reviews and are trying to improve and still keep prices lower than Hot Toys. Something that's not easy as production costs in China are skyrocketing. I think both Bard and Aragorn are step ups at least in materials and value. The paint jobs have improved, the sculpts are improving and the amount of stuff you get with each figure is just right.

Now where's Gimli?

Gimli is coming through this year as the completion of fellowship is taking place.

The major issue we come across with Gimli are the ...

1. Dwarf body, new sets molds need to be made, costs a lot of money if it is only for one character !! Luckily, Throin can share the burden now~

2. The beards will destroy the movements of the head, it has been killing us on the task, we do not wish to make a figure that can only look straight ahead, nor can turn the neck at all. It has to be a mixture of implant beards, but how it can be done is the technique we will working on.

Mixed media I think is plausible for the beards provided the match extremely well color wise. Long portions can be rooted and the moustache, braids, and intricate areas sculpted?

What about a softer rubber for the beards?

That's what I would look in to. I am not sold on rooted hair yet and I would prefer to play it safe and have a fellowship that fits together so all plastic hair would be my choice. A softer plastic would give the heads some movement.

That's what I would look in to. I am not sold on rooted hair yet and I would prefer to play it safe and have a fellowship that fits together so all plastic hair would be my choice. A softer plastic would give the heads some movement.

Good idea. But no rubber, please. There are good pliable materials that don't deteriorate in a short time frame.

Back