Asmus Toys - Azog the Defilier 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how that sculpture translates into a 1/6 body or figure.

Perhaps Asmus is moving into statues.

Maybe that's part of the mold process - then a cast gets made and at some point u'd have to figure where the joints are gonna be?:dunno

I seem to recall Asmus noting at one point that they were planning to construct Azog much like Hot Toys does their Hulk figures. So that may mean sculpted vinyl arm sleeves and torsos? So the shoulder and wrist joints would be visible, but others would be hidden. He's probably going to have some articulation limitations, but that's okay with me because he'll have great shelf presence.

SDCC19_904973_Azog-1.jpg

Apparently they made him statue and it ain't 1/6 either.

Mr. Asmus, can you please chime in if possible if this is indeed an Asmus prototype and if it is indeed 1/4. It's kind of strange to have a 1/4 when the rest of the characters are 1/6.

This is definitely a 1/4 statue and was shown in the Sideshow booth, not with their 1/6th scale stuff at Diamond Select.

It is definitely cool but I don't do statues or any scale but 1/6th so still hoping for him in the original lineup/plan.

Mr. Asmus, can you please chime in if possible if this is indeed an Asmus prototype and if it is indeed 1/4. It's kind of strange to have a 1/4 when the rest of the characters are 1/6.

There's a tiny Asmus logo on the bottom right and they've confirmed it's their product on their Instagram.
1564160918568.jpg

Looks cool and all but isn't there a plethora of Azog statues already? Quit stalling and give us a 1/6th figure already ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Azog is as hard or harder than Gollum -- a big mostly naked giant.

Its either going to be a very limited articulated and hollow toy like HT Hulk... or a figure plagued with cut-joints.

At least Lurtz has enough clothing to cover a good portion of those unsightly joints. Hint, hint, Asmus.

This is a quarter scale statue, but also has limited articulation.
So many of you guys are asking for 1/6, but truth is Hobbits line is always harder to sell for our 1/6 collection so we've been hesitant.
The statue/figure is in 1/4 because we want to branch into more diverse scale and collectors but we will take more thoughts into the 1/6 too.

This is a quarter scale statue, but also has limited articulation.
So many of you guys are asking for 1/6, but truth is Hobbits line is always harder to sell for our 1/6 collection so we've been hesitant.
The statue/figure is in 1/4 because we want to branch into more diverse scale and collectors but we will take more thoughts into the 1/6 too.

Well, that's disappointing. Good news for those who collect 1/4 scale, though. Sadly, I ran out of room for statues years ago ...

Too bad, I only collect 1/6 scales figures, I'm not interested in a 1/4 scale statue...
:(

Back