Asmus Toys - Azog the Defilier 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I believe they were so crunched for time that they ended up having to shoot with Del Toro's character designs practically on set and later Jackson overlaid his designs digitally in post.

A fair number of my disappointments with the Hobbit trilogy seem to stem from the fact that the pre-production timeline was all messed up. Del Toro was on the movie for years, but the rights were tangled up between multiple studios so they couldn't start filming. Finally, Del Toro just couldn't wait any longer for a green light and he had to leave. Then suddenly the studios got their acts together and greenlit the whole thing. But they didn't have a director. Jackson didn't want to do it, but they were out of time. So he signed on with little prep and no real time to change up the script or designs to his liking. (They're both a-list filmmakers, but they have very different aesthetics. True, Jackson was exec producing, but as I understand it, he was letting Del Toro make the movie he wanted to make. Which was pretty different from the movie he would want to make.) So in the end it ended up being kind of a hodge-podge.

If I could visit the multi-verse, I'd love to see the movies Del Toro intended to make. I'd also love to see the movies Jackson would have made if given adequate prep time.

And budget IMO. Not saying throwing money at anything solves anything. But there's stuff that could have been a lot more practical sets etc. and Richard Taylor talked about the costs. But, overall for me, am impressed with the aesthetics and staggering amount of work that went into these films. Bag End and Mirkwood, Erebor and Laketown, Ravenhill -plus a stellar cast.

Azog might be the first time I go out for a baddie, tho I was really tempted by Nazgul and MOS.

Asmus posted on facebook they'll be at Taipei comic con this Thursday with a few never seen before prototypes. Hoping one of those is Azog, but if we do see Azog this year at all it'll probaby be at Shanghai comic con this October.

Oooh! Yeah, it feels like Arwen and Bilbo would be the logical choices. But it'd be cool to see some updates on Eomer, too. As for Azog, they've showed the body render, but who knows if that's all they've got at this point. They might be further along. (Fingers crossed!)

It would also be great to be totally surprised by a character we didn't know was coming.

Speaking for myself but I will be disappointed if we see Azog before Lurtz.

I initially thought the same but let's let them iron out all possible bugs with an Azog figure before tackling Lurtz. Any issues with Azog can be addressed before getting Lurtz or any other Uruk-Hai figure.

Asmus posted on facebook they'll be at Taipei comic con this Thursday with a few never seen before prototypes. Hoping one of those is Azog, but if we do see Azog this year at all it'll probaby be at Shanghai comic con this October.

Was that this Thursday (today) or next? Would love to know what they've got on display. Googled it but I'm not seeing anything ...

Was that this Thursday (today) or next? Would love to know what they've got on display. Googled it but I'm not seeing anything ...

vmTeAcw.png

It's from the 16-20, hopefully over the next couple of days Asmus posts pictures on their Facebook page, as they've done with previous conventions they've exhibited at.

I'm not sure if it's okay to post it here, but here's a sneak peak of Azog from Asmus Toys during the interview this morning.
Azog.jpg

Looking great so far!! Will he come with the body armour he wears in BOTFA?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back