Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, spent most of the morning futzing and putting all the gear on this figure! Didnt realise it would take me so damn long lol!! But it does look pretty great! Not perfect yet, but happy enough for now.

Here's my video review of the Aragorn figure. Overall an absolutely fantastic package from Asmus! Definitely glad to have jumped on the LOTR line now and looking forward to the rest of the Fellowship!

I normally really enjoy your reviews but the mind boggles when a figure is bought by a collector and they end up showing a lack of basic knowledge about it:

'Some sort of Elven bracelet'

'Default gauntlets' - They're Boromir's

'I'm assuming it's an Elven dagger'

'Comes with this Elven broach thing. I can't remember - It might have been the gift that - I can't even remember her name"

'This silver necklack thing'

I normally really enjoy your reviews but the mind boggles when a figure is bought by a collector and they end up showing a lack of basic knowledge about it:

'Some sort of Elven bracelet'

'Default gauntlets' - They're Boromir's

'I'm assuming it's an Elven dagger'

'Comes with this Elven broach thing. I can't remember - It might have been the gift that - I can't even remember her name"

'This silver necklack thing'

LOL indeed. I did say it's been about 5 years since I've seen the movie lol

I wish I could find the ACI coat parted out since it looks a bit thicker and sturdier than the Asmus

I don't have the Asmus, but the ACI coat is rather thin. When I had the ACI version, I was quite surprised by how thin the clothing was. It laid well, and looked nice, but it was very thin.

I just sent my figure to be repainted/haired and heavily weathered. I swapped all the hands for some from Hot Toys and stuck a green ring from a Fight Club figure on there. I don't know if I just got an unlucky batch, but all the rings and fingers on my hands were messed up or really thick at the fingertips.

I wish I could find the ACI coat parted out since it looks a bit thicker and sturdier than the Asmus. Overall, Asmus looks to have the better head and accessories apart from the hands. I found an ACI body with hands for $50 or so, but I don't really want to spend that much since I'd basically only be using the hands.

Does anyone know any accuracy issues other than the sword hilt color, painting the arm patch brown, brown thread for the vest ties, and black cloth over the arrows? I've been watching the extended blurays to try to look, but I forget to look at the costume and I just watch the movie. :lol

I think the glove ought to be darker and the fletching of his arrows might be black (I'd have to check that). Looking forward to seeing the mods you're getting done - I found the synthetic-ness of the fabrics difficult to work with in the usual ways (sandpaper, etc.).

412403630.jpg

412403631.jpg

412403632.jpg

Never had to fiddle with a figure quite this much before, but the results are great, he truly is a great figure, cant say enough about it.

IMG_0633.jpg

Im not good at the rooted hair.
So i decide to use a sliced pvc hair from other figure and remove the cone head.
Finally wow with the likeness Asmus did well on this one.

61b62d726b699cf3b317eaf13590ad3c.jpg

79cbec5df2cc87782262772d15df9311.jpg

5cf94f799dbe7d209596cc8fae059bf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

So i decide to use a sliced pvc hair from other figure and remove the cone head.

That looks great man. Well done

Very nice work. This is the best looking version I've seen. If the actual release had looked like this I would have long since ordered one.

Very nice job. Also your hair are way better scuplted than the original.

Back