Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn looks really good there in that second shot. Seeing a lot of Viggo and it doesn't have that slight derpy look that ACI's has in a lot of photos.

This is best from an angle. Straight on it's not great for me. From the 1/3 angle it really hit the mark IMO.

Any speculation on what that is to the left of the horse's head? Looks like something new?

Good eye ... tough to tell, though ...

It almost has the color scheme of King Aragorn's armor ... but whatever it is I think it's pretty large. It dwarfs that figure stand below it. Could it be the King Aragorn or Theoden saddle? Maybe? I know we haven't had any confirmation that they're working on either of those figures, but those are my best guesses.

Last edited:
I feel if the horses of the three hunters are being realised, Arod or previously Strider's horse was Brego, and Hasufel for Legolas and Gimli. -Hasufel will have to be specially accustomed to accomodate both Legolas and Gimli as they ride together as one on Hasufel. And will be see a Shadowfax for Gandalf the white?
-It would be a very good two towers scene riding to Edoras!

Hasufel was Eomers gift to Aragorn after Theodred is dead, Aragorn soon dumps Hasufel for Brego (both brown in the movies)
Legolas and gimli ride Arod (white horse, not to be confused with Gandalfs horse Shadowfax)
Sorry just wanted to avoid horse-based confusion.

Hasufel was Eomers gift to Aragorn after Theodred is dead, Aragorn soon dumps Hasufel for Brego (both brown in the movies)
Legolas and gimli ride Arod (white horse, not to be confused with Gandalfs horse Shadowfax)
Sorry just wanted to avoid horse-based confusion.

Exactly (except Hasufel was not Theodred horse)
Hasufel, Arod, Shadowfax:
Galleryimage_image_317.jpg

Brego:
Brego.jpg

Yeah I can see Viggo. I think there is just something malproportioned and slightly "in the rough" about it.

Good looking shot. I see Brego's been to the salon. Nice mane styling! :lol

The coat looks like it's got poseable wire inside. I wonder if it's just the prototype, or if they're going to work that into the finished figure?

Looks like Toybiz and not like a collectible item... The horse has too much articulations, it ruins all. :(

The Toy Biz ones looked better than this. They had the nicely covered, one piece head without any seams and it STILL had three articulation points for natural movement.

That rubber has still held up too.

More pics up on FB of Aragorn and Brego. I swear the head sculpt looks different then the one that supposed to be "official". To me though it actually looks more like Viggo. Seems a little more drawn. Anyone else think it is different?

Back