Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone know what is supposed to go in the two small holders in the bottom tray next to the arrows? Mine are empty. Am I missing something?

EDIT: It's for the Orc gauntlets, right? I didn't get those.

I did. Nothing in the box, nothing really shifted too much. Nothing under the last tray either. Definitely left out of mine. Hopefully BBTS will be able to send me a pair. Otherwise I'll email Asmus and hope they will send a pair.

Well speaking of crap photos, here's mine...

First, the head...

Aragorn COMP 1.jpg

Then, the futzed figure...

Aragorn 4.jpgAragorn 5.jpg

Overall: really love this figure! There's so much stuff, took like 2 hours just to redress and build him up. Although now that I get everything I really want to completely re-dress him again.

Question 1: is the bow really supposed to go through the belt loop on the quiver and then into the molded hole at the bottom???

Question 2: where does his pipe go?

Question 3: are you guys keeping the sires in the coat? I find them difficult to work with and they are so thin they keep bending every time I grab him.

Well speaking of crap photos, here's mine...

First, the head...

View attachment 226382

Then, the futzed figure...

View attachment 226383View attachment 226384

Overall: really love this figure! There's so much stuff, took like 2 hours just to redress and build him up. Although now that I get everything I really want to completely re-dress him again.

Question 1: is the bow really supposed to go through the belt loop on the quiver and then into the molded hole at the bottom???

Question 3: are you guys keeping the sires in the coat? I find them difficult to work with and they are so thin they keep bending every time I grab him.

That's a fine looking figure. Someone said the outfit was no where near the quality of ACIs. I think they're nuts.

That's a fine looking figure. Someone said the outfit was no where near the quality of ACIs. I think they're nuts.

Well the ACI did a great job on the fine details -- like the pattern on the undershirt biceps or the mixed skins used to make the jerkin -- but most of that stuff doesn't necessarily show once the jacket is on. Still, it's there and kudos for that. We all like details.

But I'm more than happy with the Asmus. I will take some work to get right but its a great start.

I think Asmus's Aragorn clothes are perfectly thin, which makes them look realistic at 1/6 scale.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

REVIEW:

Overall: as I said this figure is really, really nice. It has so much gear and so many clothing pieces that it does take some time to get everything positioned and lying nicely. I feel like I want to rebuild mine now that I know where everything goes.

PROS:
- Head is very solid. Great paintwork. Better than X-wing Luke. When you step back, it looks very much like Viggo as Aragorn – but it is a difficult one to photograph. The hair is very soft and you can position it to hold down the cloak around his neck.

- Materials used are terrific. The leather coat is so thin it’s amazing; wrinkles perfectly. The jerkin is nice despite the large bowties of string that need to be wet down. Boots are great but need some stuffing to fill out.

- No problem getting the gauntlet’s on, which was a huge relief after Eowyn. You can even pull the sleeve through a bit with tweezers to help hide the wrist joint.

- Evenstar looks like its glowing even though I believe it is just plastic and that green ring (not sure of the name, don’t kill me) is outstanding in the use of a real “gem”.

- Belts and scabbard are easy to put together this time and hang nicely (without their swords).

- The extras – like the bedroll, that black thing, the quiver, and the Elven Cloak – are really nicely made and really bulk up your figure so that he can survive most anywhere. I will ultimately remove most of that stuff but it’s fun to pile it on the first time. He even has his pipe, wherever that’s supposed to go.

- Body feels sturdy enough, no problems with mine. I wish the neck had better articulation.

There are a few CONS but they are very small nits in general:

CONS:
- The neck is too long I believe – now this may be a repeat of the Gandalf problem where I just need to push the neck plug inside the head further inside the head. I have not done that yet. You can hide the neck a bit with the cloak but even then the difference between shoulder and head give it away.

- The wires in the coat are difficult to use and continue to twist and tweak when handling the figure. They are also so thin that it’s hard to get a grip on them and they tend to twist rather than bend another way. I may just take them out altogether, but I do like to ability to pose (when the wires cooperate).

- Metal swords are great but so heavy they make the sheaths tilt and nearly dump the weapons. I have thus decided to have my Aragorn holding both sword and dagger.

- The instructions show a strange way of mounting the bow into the quiver that I couldn’t get to work. Perhaps someone here can show me.

- My Elven Cloak is a bit unevenly cut and hangs well past the floor on the right side. I’m not sure if this is accurate but it tends to get in the way while posing.

So that’s it, a few little bobbles, but nothing that can’t be fixed or disregarded.

OVERALL: 8/10 – I’m really happy to have this addition to my Asmus LOTR collection. If I can solve the neck issue and get the wires working in my favor I would go to 8.5

Greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out with my questions:

Question 1: per the instructions, is the bow really supposed to go through the belt loop on the quiver and then into the molded hole at the bottom???

Question 3: are you guys keeping the wires in the coat? I find them difficult to work with and they are so thin they keep bending every time I grab him.

106ab2061ed9854e736c2cd1c93c3da2.jpg

I only have the bow through the big loop, can't fit it in the molded one. Not sure where the pipe goes so I just have him hold it. I haven't decided on the wire.

I was watching TTT the other night and noticed he sticks his pipe in his belt but I'm not sure if he always keeps it there or just did it the once.

Does anyone know why SSC doesn't have this yet? I want to use my RPs on this.

Sideshow submit the order later than others, so Aragorn, Bard and Tauriel are shipping in the last batch.

Mouth of Saron and Saruman will be among the first batch for sure.

Sideshow submit the order later than others, so Aragorn, Bard and Tauriel are shipping in the last batch.

I never would have thought I would have gotten a direct answer from you guys. Thanks for the info! Definitely getting Aragorn and Saruman when they hit SSC.

Ahhh! Good thing I bought him from a Hong Kong seller! Otherwise he wouldent of got here in time for Christmas.

Back