ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously Asmus - you guys are the best, never change.

Well said! Definitely my favorite company to deal with. I could not think of a better team for LOTR figures to be in. Hot Toys would never go this deep and the other companies would be able to keep up the quality of figures.

The way I see it, is that you guys are helping us making a better LOTR figure.

We aim to make the BEST LOTR/HOBT figure, that was the goal, and the only goal all along.

In a way, seeing Diamond and Prime 1 picked LOTR license is a good thing, it means the bar is going to be higher and higher.

Gotta love your positive attitude, Asmus! :clap: you guys are definitely one of a kind in an industry that tends to never listen to fans. Queen Studios is the only other company I can currently think of that is this open to fan feedback.

guys. the photo shoot session was pretty good,
and we decide to go with this new sculpt.
We still wait to have a intense expression on the face, and it could also be why the likeness is off.
but overall we really think it is a good sculpt with good likness.

My on personal defense, he looks amazing in hand.

Attachments

• ABHDS002a.jpg
    ABHDS002a.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 153
  • ABHDS016c.jpg
    ABHDS016c.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 158
  • ABHDS017c.jpg
    ABHDS017c.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 254
  • -Aragorn-inThe-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-lord-of-the-rings-2230690-960-404.jpg
    -Aragorn-inThe-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-lord-of-the-rings-2230690-960-404.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 158
any chance to see a pic straight on just holding the sculpt in natural light? And just a suggestion if it's not too late. The material that the chain mail is made from looks pretty good as a whole unit. Showing battle damage like in the second pic down on the right arm takes away from the realism of it. Instead of looking like broken chain mail it looks like shredded cloth or tulle if that's what it is.

any chance to see a pic straight on just holding the sculpt in natural light? And just a suggestion if it's not too late. The material that the chain mail is made from looks pretty good as a whole unit. Showing battle damage like in the second pic down on the right arm takes away from the realism of it. Instead of looking like broken chain mail it looks like shredded cloth or tulle if that's what it is.

oh no, It suppose to be photoshoped.,
we sent the good one to Sideshow, this is a back that is broken.
thank you for point it out

We still wait to have a intense expression on the face, and it could also be why the likeness is off.

IMO its a strong sculpt, in terms of the molding I can't see any obvious issues and I love the intensity of his expression. I reckon any lack of likeness is now down to the paintwork and lighting.

Its gonna look great in a Helms Deep display, sold.

I really like it, I think it looks great! :)

Tbh I've also just come to terms with Viggo being the Harrison Ford or Chris Hemsworth of this line. He just has one of those faces that's hard to mold it seems. If I don't do a side by side comparison with a screen still there's no issue at all, the likeness is clearly there.

Hello guys, I have just subscribed. This is going to be my first Asmus figure, and I couldn't imagine a better way to start off if not with Aragorn, my favourite character. Anyways, I think this last sculpt is really good and he looks so similar to Viggo... I am wondering whether the figure will come also with root hair or only with this sculpted version.

Hello guys, I have just subscribed. This is going to be my first Asmus figure, and I couldn't imagine a better way to start off if not with Aragorn, my favourite character. Anyways, I think this last sculpt is really good and he looks so similar to Viggo... I am wondering whether the figure will come also with root hair or only with this sculpted version.

Just to give you an answer. They have repeatedly said there will be no rooted head sculpt available. Now whether or not they change their minds you never know.

And just as a vote of confidence. I've stated before that I would not be picking up this figure as it was. I still don't think it's 100% Viggo but it's much better than it was and I look forward to adding him to my collection.

Just to give you an answer. They have repeatedly said there will be no rooted head sculpt available. Now whether or not they change their minds you never know.

And just as a vote of confidence. I've stated before that I would not be picking up this figure as it was. I still don't think it's 100% Viggo but it's much better than it was and I look forward to adding him to my collection.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the bit of information. Yes, it's not 100% Viggo yet, but I find it very good... Viggo is so difficult to represent.

Minor tweaks, massive improvement. The beard is painted way better this time around too and that’s certainly helping. Now I just need to decide if I’m going standard or deluxe. This purchase is gonna be part of next months budget now so I’ll see what else I’ve got on the way. I noticed that frayed chainmail in the older pics and figured it was just typical wear and tear of a prototype.

Great work Asmus. I’m looking forward to reading the Facebook response to the updated sculpt. I hope they’re less brutal this time around. Make a big deal of the battle damaged head seeing as that’ll be the most widely received one.

The figure looks really nice asmus and the headsculpt is pretty darn good and better than the prime1 statue of Aragorn in my opinion

The hairline looks a lot better as well. Great work, Asmus!

When is this supposed to release?

This is amazing Asmus! Lock it in and get them out...I think we have moved beyond the feedback and tweak stage and are ready for production and then shipping :)

Back