ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI:

We will have at least 2 new accessories to add in to our exclusive edition.
We will announce it one by one in the next 3 weeks.

Awesome!
I preordered the exclusive a couple of days ago, so it’s nice to know I’ll be getting even more for my money!
Wondering if the new extras might be Strider gear?

Honestly, I don't know what the extra accessories could be, but I'm glad I've got the exclusive pre-ordered.

Switch-out wind-blown hair sculpt? Maybe the rusty Rohan sword he swings around for Haleth, son of Hama? A full Uruk Berserker figure? :lol

Maybe a Rohirrim banner, a severed Uruk head with helmet, or special hands for signaling the archers?

I feel like the bottom half of the face is better than the top half, the eyes are still not there for some reason, but it?s a decent sculpt.

Oo, even more goodies!! I’ve been leaning more towards getting the deluxe version since the updated sculpt so hopefully this will swing it.

New extras possibilities;
- unlikely- Updated and improved Strider duster which would allow some of us to replace the not so great Slim version and also pop the 2nd head on for what would feel like a whole new figure- although that would be quite a seemingly complex/pricey addition but would be a huge selling point for the deluxe.
- An Elven cloak- which would be easier to produce and cover Aragorn’s look just after the battle of Helms Deep when they ride to Isengard.
- The Rohan sword he inspects
- A bloodied version of his own Ranger sword
- Arrow release hand
- Swappable, magnetised windswept hair
- A Rohan flag

That’s all I can think of that’s Helm’s Deep and Aragorn specific.

Edit: some interesting news dropping on Facebook;
- The deluxe will still include the initially revealed sculpt as the bonus head- I hope that means the sideways glancing head because that one worked way better.
- POS available till the end of August.
- Asmus will be doing a Black Gare Aragorn next year! Maybe that’ll be the next Crown release...

Not sure why they’re still including the first head when it received soo much hate. There’s not much incentive for grabbing the deluxe with two heads when one of them is viewed as unusable.

Oo, even more goodies!! I’ve been leaning more towards getting the deluxe version since the updated sculpt so hopefully this will swing it.

New extras possibilities;
- unlikely- Updated and improved Strider duster which would allow some of us to replace the not so great Slim version and also pop the 2nd head on for what would feel like a whole new figure- although that would be quite a seemingly complex/pricey addition but would be a huge selling point for the deluxe.
- An Elven cloak- which would be easier to produce and cover Aragorn’s look just after the battle of Helms Deep when they ride to Isengard.
- The Rohan sword he inspects
- A bloodied version of his own Ranger sword
- Arrow release hand
- Swappable, magnetised windswept hair
- A Rohan flag

That’s all I can think of that’s Helm’s Deep and Aragorn specific.

- The deluxe will still include the initially revealed sculpt as the bonus head- I hope that means the sideways glancing head because that one worked way better.
- Asmus will be doing a Black Gare Aragorn next year! Maybe that’ll be the next Crown release...

Not sure why they’re still including the first head when it received soo much hate. There’s not much incentive for grabbing the deluxe with two heads when one of them is viewed as unusable.
Totally agree with your last 2 sentences. Unless the 2 add ones are really great I will be getting the standard. I really don’t like that original sculpt

- Asmus will be doing a Black Gare Aragorn next year! Maybe that?ll be the next Crown release...

:yess: Happy to hear that!! :rock

Asmus, could you please show us some pictures under real light conditions? Thank you! I think those pictures from the photo shooting aren't doing the likeness justice.

Alright I had to PO the delxue on Asmus site. I was going to get just the regular version on BBTS but now that the delxue comes with more stuff I'll take that.

Asmus can you please clarify. The deluxe version will come with 2 sculpts. The original one that a lot of people, myself included don?t like and this new one? If this is so I?m not sure I understand this decision. Speaking for myself I would prefer this new sculpt for Helms Deep Aragorn and to swap out with my FOTRs Aragorn.

It is quite odd, I had just assumed the undamaged sculpt which had received most of the negative comments was being replaced.

Reading the FB comments it seems the remaining major criticism now is the eyes which as Asmus explained needed to look that way to retain an intense appearance. I think that could also have been achieved with more furrowing of his brow instead but obviously that would have required more re-sculpting.

In any case I'm looking forward to seeing in hand photos as I think this will probably be the best representation of Aragorn so far.

Is the question here: which box has the good head sculpt?

Well it seems that the standard release has this new head sculpt. The deluxe release has this new head sculpt and the original one. I’m none to happy about that because I wanted the pillar and the extra “new” head sculpt to put on my first Aragorn. I don’t like the sculpt they originally showed so I may as well get the standard release. I will wait though to see the add ons before I make my final decision.

Last edited:
Tbh it sounds to me like they already started producing the original sculpt and need to find a way to move those pieces, which I couldn't blame them for really.

Tbh it sounds to me like they already started producing the original sculpt and need to find a way to move those pieces, which I couldn't blame them for really.

Yeah, that was my guess about that as well. Would be a bit disappointing if that's the case. Would prefer it was 2 of the updated sculpts as I'd like to replace my V1 Aragorn with the egg-head hair with one of these updated sculpts to go with the Helm's Deep version. I missed out on the slim head with rooted hair.

IMO I just read it as they have 2 new heads and 1 of them is just a battle damaged version and 1 of them a regular version.

Back