ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus you have done an admirable job of letting everyone weigh in...unfortunately you could put 3 photos of the actual Viggo Mortensen in a row and not be able to get a lot of folks on any forum to agree that any of them actually look anything like him.
If you try to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one because the figure will never be finished because it will never look enough like him to everyone.
Time to wrap it up and release your best effort.
A lot of us will be buying it based upon that.

Exactly.

Yikes. And it's not cheap either! Looks a bit better from the side profile but it still looks more like a cartoon version of the character. They got the cheekbones and gaunt cheeks down though.
a555a9185f46ca30f1e53f39d7cef133.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Guys it can always be worse.

Who the hell is this supposed to be?? [emoji1787]Not Viggo....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All this time Aragorn supposedly hadn't been affected by the Ring, but now Prime One exposes the TRUE character....

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I saw someone wrote ‘Prime 1 nailed Aragorn so why can’t Asmus?!’ so I checked out that statue and that’s when I realised that no two people’s ideal of what Viggo Mortensen’s face should look like are the same.

I saw someone wrote ?Prime 1 nailed Aragorn so why can?t Asmus?!? so I checked out that statue and that?s when I realised that no two people?s ideal of what Viggo Mortensen?s face should look like are the same.
There are people blinding by company bias too.

Hey look its more expensive so it HAS TO BE BETTER. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just got this quick update,
would like to hear what you guys think about it?
see if we are in the right track or not.

View attachment 492226

Looks to me to be just a repaint. Is that correct? If so, I do think that the blue eyes help. I think the open mouth is also hurting the sculpt, for some reason. Face still looks a little chubby.

I saw someone wrote ?Prime 1 nailed Aragorn so why can?t Asmus?!? so I checked out that statue and that?s when I realised that no two people?s ideal of what Viggo Mortensen?s face should look like are the same.

Yeah, but that's seriously terrifying. Can u imagine waking up, kinda groggy, in a dark room, and this is what is on ur shelf? He looks possessed.:devil

We are reviewing out head sculpt very closely, in fact, the sculptor showed us a few photos to convince the likeness is actually very good.

Anyway, we shall be going to a photo shot today, and see how it comes out.

We are reviewing out head sculpt very closely, in fact, the sculptor showed us a few photos to convince the likeness is actually very good.

Thank you for being the most open to listen and open to improve your products company (of 1/6 figures market). It really matters a lot nowadays.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to update us on all of the Asmus projects. So very glad to have this relationship here with us.

The way I see it, is that you guys are helping us making a better LOTR figure.

We aim to make the BEST LOTR/HOBT figure, that was the goal, and the only goal all along.

In a way, seeing Diamond and Prime 1 picked LOTR license is a good thing, it means the bar is going to be higher and higher.

We aim to make the BEST LOTR/HOBT figure, that was the goal, and the only goal all along.

In a way, seeing Diamond and Prime 1 picked LOTR license is a good thing, it means the bar is going to be higher and higher.
This is why you guys are great. Always humble and willing to listen, learn, adapt and progress. Especially in the face of taking flack from creative decisions.

At the end of the day, we as consumers want to keep throwing our cash at you and it is nice to know that our concerns are not falling on deaf ears. And this is why I will be happy to support you long into the future and hopefully so will a lot of others! [emoji106] Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes, just thank you Asmus for all the efforts you make.
:)

To be honest, that hairline is bothering me more than the actual paint app or facesculpture.

I just bought my 3rd figure in Australia-mouth of Sauron.
So far I have Eomer and the exclusive Elrond.
Hoping to pick up Theodon when the sale is on for him.

Am loving what I have seen so far of the recent reveals.
Keep up the great work Asmus Team.

This is something not many companies do... at all.
I?m a newbie but you already have my support and I have already purchased from you and I will continue to do so with pride knowing that you don?t take me as a customer for granted.

That is very nice of you. As a customer tho, so far, I will stick with you.

The one Diamond fig I had, while well done for the price point, I sent back, as all the plastic didn't work for me.

Prime One and even WETA I look hard at, as I own WETA pieces. But with statues sometimes even with a great prototype for me, every time I open a statue box I wince, because the prototype paint job for your expensive statue may not be what you get. :horror

ASMUS is one of the few companies I feel happy when I get the box, as I feel confident in the quality (like my new Theoden is even better in hand. (And I will always luv ASMUS for doing such a spectacular job on Thorin - Thranduil as well:cool:). I can spend hours with an ASMUS figure, looking over the details, accessories, costumes and re-posing. :clap

I am very happy I started purchasing ASMUS before others discover the quality and I have to fight other collectors.:wink1:

Back