Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You do realize that it will probably be the only articulated Theoden figure ever right? "

does not faze me...can't get past that plastic hair (and the character is not important enough to me), to justify the shelf/storage space.

And Rohan will answer....
Excited for this one.
One of the best cast characters in the entire series. Look foward to the full reveal Asmus!

QQ图片20190428022158.jpg

We used sculpted hair for Theoden because:

1. GOD it is so hard to have a good review in rooted hair! no promise everyone can tweek it right!

2. His hair is much shorter, and according to our past experience it looks much better in sculpted hair

3. Unlike Eomer, whose hair is tight up on the back, if Theoden goes "rooted", his hair will look flatten and super weird after taking helmet off.

View attachment 455620

1. GOD it is so hard to have a good review in rooted hair! no promise everyone can tweek it right!

2. His hair is much shorter, and according to our past experience it looks much better in sculpted hair

3. Unlike Eomer, whose hair is tight up on the back, if Theoden goes "rooted", his hair will look flatten and super weird after taking helmet off.

He looks awesome!
Can’t wait to order him!

That looks amazing...well done Asmus! :clap :clap

Theoden is one of my favourite characters so I will definitely be getting this! :yess:

Awesome !
I will gladly add this to my collection!
And I agree with sculpted hair in this case.

Asgardianboy contrarian post coming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I'll suck up the vinyl hair, as IMO Theoden isn't like Thorin or Gimli where luxury hair is demanded for the look of the film character. Looks like they nailed the sculpt and costume - definite PO for me. Loved this film character, tho LOL his badassery wasn't what I pictured from the book.:lol

"No, my lord Aragorn...we are alone."

I can live with sculpted hair so long as it's done well. Sadly Asmus's track record with hair sculpting long hair is not great so I'm hoping it looks less clunky than their previous efforts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

View attachment 455620

He looks great there. I'm a big fan of rooted hair, but I totally understand the dilemma here.

It's a bit like Boromir except that Sean Bean had straighter hair I think, so you could get it to work.

Back