Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also placed an order with TNS, and it was only when I checked their site on mobile that I got a notice saying to message them for any in-stock orders. You would imagine they'd be contacting the customers but ah well. I didn't pay extra shipping and they're finally shipping the order out now.

I was just surprised that they didn?t email me saying, look, we can?t ship your item to you due to Covid (which I completely understand) but we can ship it to you for a fee using someone else. If I didn?t contact them, I mightn?t have heard from them in weeks. Anyway, I will cough up the extra for it as it might take a few months if I don?t.

I am very surprised reading your post... and getting more and more angry with Asmus. I contacted them weeks ago as I was waiting for Eomer and Theoden, as I didnt received any shipping notice. They told me they couldn?t send it due to Covid (very bad Asmus not notyfing that to customers) but they didn?t told me about the option to send it through EMS. So I am still waiting... thinking about canceling both figures, and giving by finished my collection with any other Asmus products. I have almost all LOTR figures they did, but all this is so unprofessional.. :nono:nono

I am very surprised reading your post... and getting more and more angry with Asmus. I contacted them weeks ago as I was waiting for Eomer and Theoden, as I didnt received any shipping notice. They told me they couldn?t send it due to Covid (very bad Asmus not notyfing that to customers) but they didn?t told me about the option to send it through EMS. So I am still waiting... thinking about canceling both figures, and giving by finished my collection with any other Asmus products. I have almost all LOTR figures they did, but all this is so unprofessional.. :nono:nono

Kinda cutting your nose off to spite your face aren’t you?

hi, really sorry about this confusion.
in fact, it has been a confusing time, there is NO public notice to when a country is opened to import,
sometime we have to go to the counter to find out.

We will try to keep everything up to date daily from now on.
sorry...

This is the adult equivalent of throwing your toys out of the pram.

It is the adult equivalent of I won?t give more money to a company that doesn't care a bit about its customers, or at least some of them. If you can't ship to some countries you must put a note in your web (at least they have done it after all this..), so those in those countries can decide whether to buy or not. Especially when its due to covid and this situation seems like it will last a LONG time, months or maybe more than months.
After that, if it seems normal to you that you pay a product, wait for it and nobody informs you that they cannot send it (I received a package from that country the week before...) Well, I don't think that's the way to treat your customers. That's all...

It is the adult equivalent of I won?t give more money to a company that doesn't care a bit about its customers, or at least some of them. If you can't ship to some countries you must put a note in your web (at least they have done it after all this..), so those in those countries can decide whether to buy or not. Especially when its due to covid and this situation seems like it will last a LONG time, months or maybe more than months.
After that, if it seems normal to you that you pay a product, wait for it and nobody informs you that they cannot send it (I received a package from that country the week before...) Well, I don't think that's the way to treat your customers. That's all...

The representative replied to you. I have some of my figures waiting in HK from April. It happens.
Calm down. Or may be you joined this forum just to complain about Asmus?

If word gets out in the collecting community about a scammer or something, you'll hear about it. IMO what's "normal" - or at least what I've run into dealing with Hong Kong or China or even Europe - is long delays. What's not "normal" as far as I can tell is ASMUS, as a fairly young company, engaging with its customers directly the way it does.:clap

Sure there have been glitches with ASMUS along the way - like when I ordered Thorin from ASMUS directly and couldn't figure out whether they even got the order or not. They were changing their website and it was a bit bumpy. But e-mailed ASMUS and they took care of it.

This isn't a well-oiled juggernaut like Amazon or even Sideshow. And even Sideshow can't give answers a lot of the time. Don't know how long you have been collecting but with these smaller companies - would you rather have ASMUS pay for a team to program their website with auto-notifications, scripts, and all that stuff; OR, spend their time developing cool things (like Thranduil's throne:drool:drool:drool).

Plus Covid has shipping all messed up. For me, it took forever to get a basic Ebay purchase in from California. Seller never responded to inquiry. But then again, California is having *issues*. I've got an accessory (Ebay) coming from China and it's gonna take months, even tho it's small.

ASMUS's customers are loyal because ASMUS earned that; not because we're stupid or have money to burn. If ASMUS didn't care about its customers they wouldn't check in here, time to time. U wanna read a real customer horror story check out another forum about the saga of the SW EFX Biker Scout Helmet.

There will be nothing reasonable again.Tomorrow it will be four months after the last official mail!!!

On July 8 2019, I have the official EFX anniversary. Five years ago, I had transferred $ 899,-. "It seems like it was only yesterday"
https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/efx-biker-scout-helmet.1111310/page-66

Well, I've been collecting for over twenty years.. I know that Asmus cares when it comes to improving its products and read the comments about it here and that is appreciated because in the end we have the best possible product that they can offer and I am very happy with all the LOTR figures I have from them. But what is clear is that the after-sales service leaves much to be desired. I just hope they improve on that too. That's all. I will be patient..

Well, I've been collecting for over twenty years.. I know that Asmus cares when it comes to improving its products and read the comments about it here and that is appreciated because in the end we have the best possible product that they can offer and I am very happy with all the LOTR figures I have from them. But what is clear is that the after-sales service leaves much to be desired. I just hope they improve on that too. That's all. I will be patient..

Theoden is definitely worth the wait; tho I picked him up via Amazon so didn't have to wait.:cool: Always seem to miss those sales....:gah:

I still disagree with the service - ASMUS helped me with a small part and a head switch and hadn't even ordered from them directly. Maybe there will be a sales explosion with the Amazon Middle Earth series in a year or two and ASMUS will enhance the website and all that $$$$.

Just glad ASMUS is in production. Look at the folks waiting for HT's Gamora.:horror

Don't think a lot of companies have money to re-invest right now or even hire staff; I'm trying to either get orders in way before holidays or hope to delay them until February re any shipping.

You must not have purchased anything since COVID started. Shipping services have been changing week to week now in some asian countries. Some services have started to specific countries and some have not. I have seen stores where they posted and updated but it's really not up to date unless you go to the official postal service site. I have also contacted stores to upgrade my shipping to EMS myself, if not, they would just hold the product. They didn't inform me of such as I am expected to read the info myself. Would it be better if they told me? Yes, but it is a pandemic and understandable if they don't have the time to do that.

I finally got around to adding hair to a parted out Theoden head I bought awhile back. I had to first build up the missing back of his head with Sculpy, and then glue on the hair. Always fun to breath new life into an old figure in the collection.
IMG_3736.jpg
IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3733.jpg
IMG_3734.jpg
IMG_3732.jpg

I just don’t get how Asmus could produce quality sculpts like this and botch Aragorn and Gandalf so many times?
They used their best sculptor Shand for this, Thorin, Gimli, both Bilbos, Crown GTW and Crown GTG (we know the production piece was trash but the prototype sculpt was amazing) whereas the Asmus owner sculpted Aragorn. Moral is, don't half ass your most popular character.

They used their best sculptor Shand for this, Thorin, Gimli, both Bilbos, Crown GTW and Crown GTG (we know the production piece was trash but the prototype sculpt was amazing) whereas the Asmus owner sculpted Aragorn. Moral is, don't half ass your most popular character.
The production piece on GTG was trash because of the way the eyes were placed, that definitely wasn't SHand's fault. I agree though, he did a great job on all of his figures.

Well tho gotta give credit for trying. Dunno about this actor's face not even WETA gets it right and the man at some point was standing in front of a few of the artists.

Back