Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to transfer Saruman onto the coo model 27cm body. It was a bit worrying at one point, as the coo model body has muscular arms but with patience, I got the tunic over, and it fits really well. Also the robes do still flow nicely at the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 374
I see you're having problems with pictures rotating in random like I do.

Lol yeah what the hell? They were fine when I posted them! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I take pictures on my phone I have to rotate them and then rotate them back on the computer to strip out the rotate flags. Something about how the phone earmarks them for orientation does not jive with the forum.

I was playing around with this guy again last night. Just a great figure. I was putting him in some poses from his duel with Gandalf (no Gandalf yet though).

20160418_211749.jpg
20160418_211820.jpg
20160418_211913.jpg
20160418_211923.jpg
20160418_212206.jpg

20160418_212717.jpg
20160418_213204.jpg

I bought this yesterday. First figure from this line except for a ACI Aragorn. Do you guys can think at any other Asmus "human" figure from this line at this level of accurancy? I would like to expand lotr but ,for example, I find Gandal the white unwatchable and not worthy....
Any thought is appreciated.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thinking of picking this up, but I've heard it needs some futzing. I never done anything with a figure before, someone said they steamed the costume & hair; has anyone tried this on here? What was the best method?
Also dying the costume with coffee, is there a coffee/water ratio?
Appreciate any help or advice

Thinking of picking this up, but I've heard it needs some futzing. I never done anything with a figure before, someone said they steamed the costume & hair; has anyone tried this on here? What was the best method?

Yes, the formula is 50g of coffee grain, for each liter of water ;)
just kidding
Really, its not hard at all, I just made 2 cups of coffee , dumped it in a bucket of water, removed the head and boots, and threw him in the bucket.
Every 5 to 10 minutes have a look. The wet fabric will look much darker than the final result. So you can take it in gradual steps.
Thats pretty much the only Fuzzing he needs.

Lol well call it the Saruman cocktail.
Thanks for the info Sankari. Do you just let the costume dry naturally?

Yes, in my case I removed any leftover grains after he dried. I use coffee all the time as dye for art projects. Tea is no good for this, because it will look red, not beige. So you could use acrylics if you want, like someone else did. Its just that coffee is much simpler, and won't leave the fabric stiff ( acrylic stiffens the fabric).

Leave him drying naturally, but fold the clothing while its wet, so it holds the form you want. Use the stills from the motion picture for reference.

My pictures above have no modding or even water treatment. Just posing and then I had the window open which blew his hair into that position and I thought it looked cool so left it.

He is pretty awesome right out of the box.

I've finally unboxed my Saruman. Finest Asmus work ,hands down...
The headsculp is beautiful. Costume,Palatir,hands are all top quality! Now if only Gandalf would turn out this beautiful...[emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

05ae39f5e5555598b950b5b8e4df9da9.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Back