Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered, but I hope they fix the head sculpt. Her eyes are striking and need to be quite a bit bigger and rounder. Her chin is also a bit longer, and the arch of her brows is a bit softer. 7067662D-BD4F-4E4D-BAE7-BE655C1E7FB2.jpeg

Honestly, I’m only interested in either of two versions of Arwen. When she’s rescuing Frodo from the Nazgul, or her romantic dialogue scene with Aragorn in Rivendell.

A1DE6BCE-5DBC-4CA5-8CD6-E74DE5200919.jpeg
3BB3E4EB-E899-44A7-B9EE-CA4F31F714ED.jpeg

This sculpt looks better that v.1, and that teaser pic looks as definite Liv Tyler. Eyes may look different depending on the scene. And she was different during the filming of three films. I am fine with this look. And, considering how Galadriel looks in final production she should be fine. I just hope they can fix the paint difference between body and the headsculpt for Arwen.

This sculpt looks better that v.1, and that teaser pic looks as definite Liv Tyler. Eyes may look different depending on the scene. And she was different during the filming of three films. I am fine with this look. And, considering how Galadriel looks in final production she should be fine. I just hope they can fix the paint difference between body and the headsculpt for Arwen.

The paint difference on Galadriel is my biggest disappointment with her. My eye is drawn immediately to it.

The paint difference on Galadriel is my biggest disappointment with her. My eye is drawn immediately to it.

Yes. They have great releases, but these occasional misfits spoil the fun and what would be almost a perfect figure. It's so unfortunate, that such a little detail spoils a lot of good efforts. I really hope they have learned from recent fails and we will not see these again.

Wow! Looks great! Nicely done Asmus!

Would have preferred blue dress Arwen, but who knows if we'll get Arwen 3.0, so I'm definitely going to pick this one up. Great job to the team.

Exclusive ordered!
I’m selfishly glad they went with this over the coronation outfit, since I bashed that look myself a couple of years ago thanks to Ladyshanz (I think it was her?) who posted pics of one she did using the Barbie set Mattel released 15+ years ago.

My only nit is that I hope the red is deeper and more saturated than these pics show. It's looking a little orange-ish here. I love how deep and rich the colors of that dress are in the film.

I was so right about the elven chair and book. And the dress. ;D

Anyway the exclusive is preordered, I had to get those Rivendell accents. They will likely pair nicely with Elrond 2.0 exclusive diorama piece(s).

Back