Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally he’s reached the states for me, now he just needs to go from coast to coast haha

There are slots on both sides of the coat.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. I thought mine was screwed up. Now I just need to patiently look for those other slots. I didn’t have the chance to really look last night between getting home late and sick kids and the last thing I wanted to do was deal with a customer service issue.

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. I thought mine was screwed up. Now I just need to patiently look for those other slots. I didn’t have the chance to really look last night between getting home late and sick kids and the last thing I wanted to do was deal with a customer service issue.
The slit is up the side seam :)
0441b0359e20c7dfdfb3cd1a45f3809f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I have contacted asmus twice and I still haven't heard anything back from them I haven't received tracking or even a order confirmation and its been almost two months since I paid for this I don't know what to do.

I have contacted asmus twice and I still haven't heard anything back from them I haven't received tracking or even a order confirmation and its been almost two months since I paid for this I don't know what to do.

I don’t know if someone has mentioned this already, but try through their FB messenger. If you don’t have an account just sign up with a dummy one (saying that as I don’t use fb myself)

If you’ve done both that and email... it’s time to open a paypal case/CC chargeback. That should get their attention.

It’s odd though, I’ve never had a problem reaching them through email alone, but some have lots of issues. I wonder how they pick and choose. Or perhaps they have some spam filter which blocks certain email addresses? Try a different outgoing email?

That’s about all I can say... good luck friend.

Had trouble with the belts. The little plugs and holes wouldn't hold together on mine. So I used a few tiny dabs of hot glue since I don't have any plans to disassemble him any time soon. But if I ever do, a hair dryer should be enough to loosen the glue. Or you could just pull it apart, if you're in a hurry.

Currently I've dampened his hair and I've got it tied down to hopefully control the shape a little more. But he kind of looks like he's doing the Birdbox Challenge. :lol

photo.JPG

Got mine today, looks like a cracking figure! :yess: Looking forward to displaying him with my Bilbo figure :)

I guess Asmus doesn’t respond to emails anymore? I’ve got two QC issues (one with Thorin and the other with Samwise) and haven’t heard a peep for over a week.

Thorin is a better figure than Gimli in every way, shape, and form. And for those who read my rant, lightyears ahead of Legolas. It's hard to believe this is made by the same company.

The rooting on the hair is amazing and the outfit is absolutely phenomenal. The paintwork is getting up there. Not HT yet but I'd say they're jousting with Enterbay now. This hair proves to me that HT could easily do an Aquaman in this fashion to boot. Perhaps above all though, Orcist is just....outstanding. I unsheathed that and was in awe. Beautiful work not only from a scale model perspective but also from a mass production standpoint. I know it's the popular thing to dog on HT, and I almost always am in their corner as being the pack leader of the hobby, but credit where credit is due: the level of visual variety, material work and selection, and design on Thorin's outfit outdoes many of HT's offerings.

I honestly have quite the disdain for the Hobbit films, but if you're remotely a Tolkien fan, this is a MUST have figure. I was lucky enough to get him on the boxing day sale, but even at full price this figure is a total win.
51267bc8517f67f3bd72f0eba3ec7826.jpg

Thorin is a better figure than Gimli in every way, shape, and form. And for those who read my rant, lightyears ahead of Legolas. It's hard to believe this is made by the same company.

The rooting on the hair is amazing and the outfit is absolutely phenomenal. The paintwork is getting up there. Not HT yet but I'd say they're jousting with Enterbay now. This hair proves to me that HT could easily do an Aquaman in this fashion to boot. Perhaps above all though, Orcist is just....outstanding. I unsheathed that and was in awe. Beautiful work not only from a scale model perspective but also from a mass production standpoint. I know it's the popular thing to dog on HT, and I almost always am in their corner as being the pack leader of the hobby, but credit where credit is due: the level of visual variety, material work and selection, and design on Thorin's outfit outdoes many of HT's offerings.

I honestly have quite the disdain for the Hobbit films, but if you're remotely a Tolkien fan, this is a MUST have figure. I was lucky enough to get him on the boxing day sale, but even at full price this figure is a total win.

Great pic! Looks cool!

This figure rocks.

Like I've said a million times, I'm not a huge fan of the Hobbit movies, but I love many of the character designs. Especially Thorin. And Asmus has nailed it.

Overall quality-wise, he's right up there with Gimli, for me. Neck and neck. And maybe even a little ahead.

Really solid likeness, great hair application, great choice of material for the hair, too - very fine, soft and even streaked with gray, phenomenal costume details, terrific die-cast Orcrist ... just great work, top to bottom. My only nit was that I had some difficulty getting the belts to connect properly, but a few dots of hot glue fixed him right up. Five stars for me.

I am having trouble putting the belt on through the coat I can not find the hole the instructions were talking about on the waist of the coat.

Fantastic photo :rock - that base looks great with Thorin. And definitely agree - this is one amazing figure. Asmus did a cracking job. :yess:

Agree with that. I remember being a bit disappointed with some of the Hobbit trilogy on release (parts 2 & 3, I did enjoy AUJ tho) but I recently re-watched them and they weren't as bad as I remembered...Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf were easily the best things about those films IMO.

I am having trouble putting the belt on through the coat I can not find the hole the instructions were talking about on the waist of the coat.

I set up mine last night and it took me absolutely ages to find both of the holes. :gah:

If it is for Orcrist scabbard - the one on the waist is located on one of the coat 'seams' (it's more or less level with his elbow and quite well hidden - it's on the same side as the dwarven sword scabbard). I think someone posted a picture a few pages back of where to find it. :)

Fantastic photo :rock - that base looks great with Thorin. And definitely agree - this is one amazing figure. Asmus did a cracking job. :yess:

Agree with that. I remember being a bit disappointed with some of the Hobbit trilogy on release (parts 2 & 3, I did enjoy AUJ tho) but I recently re-watched them and they weren't as bad as I remembered...Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf were easily the best things about those films IMO.

I love the Hobbit movies - so many superlative things like the cast (Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, Thranduil, Bard, , Dain, Master of Laketown LOL etc) and loved the design work and environments like Laketown. I just ignore the stuff that gets on my nerves - which for me is also true of LOTR. (Sometimes I ponder why Peter Jackson makes the decisions he does:cool:, but he's the director!)

Anyway glad to see folks' orders are finally rolling in - agree w. DioramaMaker's comments on so many impressive things about this figure. Re the costume IMO ASMUS has done superlative work back to GTG and Bard - of the ones I own. All to-scale, generous use of materials like the fullness of Gandalf's cloak. I feel like BEGGING:pray: ASMUS to at least do Dwalin! and Fili and Kili.:monkey3

^ Yeah I liked Bard and Thranduil too (and Balin), they were great to watch. Pretty much everyone in the whole franchise has been excellent casting choice-wise I think :) - it was just the elf over-use and especially the Legolas bit at the end of BOTFA that slightly tainted it for me. Nothing against him at all but that bit when he is in full 'Super Mario' mode towards the end with the falling rocks...I just cringe every time I see it!! :lol

Despite that The Hobbit films are growing on me and I do like them more now than when they came out...I'm on something of a Middle Earth resurgence atm so I will probably be watching them again soon! :)

Back