Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to usps tracking my Faramir just arrived at customs in Los Angles. Based on past experience it means he could arrive by mid next week or it could still be 2-3 more weeks.

According to usps tracking my Faramir just arrived at customs in Los Angles. Based on past experience it means he could arrive by mid next week or it could still be 2-3 more weeks.

Same with mine (inbound into customs in LA).
I hope this isn’t a situation like with Twilight Witch King, where it sat in customs for a few weeks before status changed to outbound.

Same with mine (inbound into customs in LA).
I hope this isn’t a situation like with Twilight Witch King, where it sat in customs for a few weeks before status changed to outbound.

Wow! That was quick. I checked my tracking and still shows as be processed through Taiwan. No arrival in the US yet. :monkey2

Faramir showed up today. Got him out and put him together (just finished) -- sort of a pain. Sorry, too late to take decent daylight pics.

First impressions: the sculpt overall is pretty good -- seems narrower in the face, which is actually a good thing, as I always thought the proto images looked a little chubby-cheeked. The hair seam isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Nice detailing on the costume (the white tree is on the front of the rubber/plastic vest). The quiver was a bit annoying, as I think someone glued the leather strips on mine the wrong way (the included booklet is of absolutely NO HELP, as usual, as the images are so tiny, and the bad black and white just makes everything blend together into a mess). Took a bit to figure out how to attach the sword belt, and the quiver belt -- as neither of mine have useable buckle prongs. Another issue is the head sculpt has to be removed from the body in order to get the cloak on (or the included overcoat) -- mine pulled the peg out of the body, and is now IMPOSSIBLE to get back in, so the head just free floats. One of the biggest draw backs is once again the one-piece solid boots that offer no ankle articulation, and with everything attached to him, the figure is prone to tip over without serious adjusting. The Asmus store exclusive bow is nice, but there isn't an included bow-drawing hand (the one that would hold the knocked arrow to the string), so it basically becomes just another useless ornament. Overall I'd give it a 3-3.5 out of 5 for the issues and the lack of an additional hand to make the bow a useful accessory.

Thats too bad. The lack of the two piece boot is extremely disappointing. I wish that had done that and made the bow drawing hand.

Faramir showed up today. Got him out and put him together (just finished) -- sort of a pain. Sorry, too late to take decent daylight pics.

First impressions: the sculpt overall is pretty good -- seems narrower in the face, which is actually a good thing, as I always thought the proto images looked a little chubby-cheeked. The hair seam isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Nice detailing on the costume (the white tree is on the front of the rubber/plastic vest). The quiver was a bit annoying, as I think someone glued the leather strips on mine the wrong way (the included booklet is of absolutely NO HELP, as usual, as the images are so tiny, and the bad black and white just makes everything blend together into a mess). Took a bit to figure out how to attach the sword belt, and the quiver belt -- as neither of mine have useable buckle prongs. Another issue is the head sculpt has to be removed from the body in order to get the cloak on (or the included overcoat) -- mine pulled the peg out of the body, and is now IMPOSSIBLE to get back in, so the head just free floats. One of the biggest draw backs is once again the one-piece solid boots that offer no ankle articulation, and with everything attached to him, the figure is prone to tip over without serious adjusting. The Asmus store exclusive bow is nice, but there isn't an included bow-drawing hand (the one that would hold the knocked arrow to the string), so it basically becomes just another useless ornament. Overall I'd give it a 3-3.5 out of 5 for the issues and the lack of an additional hand to make the bow a useful accessory.

There's no hand that is suitable for careful cutting that could draw the bow, like the Twilight King hand that needed to be cut to put the ring on?

I just set my faramir up this morning and besides the boots and the omission of the bow drawing hand he is fantastic! The headsculpt looks very very good, one of asmus’ best for sure. I did slice up the right closed fist hand so he could draw the bow....it’s better than nothing. Just the boots, that’s the major issue for me since it really limits his posing. I still wish they all had cloth boots but I’d settle for two piece

I know it's an added expense to make two-part boots, but non-articulated ankles is such a common complaint, I don't understand why it's even an option anymore. You'd think they'd stop doing it just to stop all our squawking.

I know it's an added expense to make two-part boots, but non-articulated ankles is such a common complaint, I don't understand why it's even an option anymore. You'd think they'd stop doing it just to stop all our squawking.

I am a tight wad but I would gladly pay $10-20 more in order to have the 2 part boots.

E711394C-95CC-4B74-BC83-4DC37C9932F6.jpgFE8DDB85-6CDC-404B-A627-8586283061B2.jpg25F90160-AE9F-47C8-8F5A-4D390E1E3B2C.jpeg

Nice pics, Thainitty!

Faramir is looking good in-hand.

The belt seems a bit bright in the pics but not a big deal.

Now I really want an new Eowyn in any rendition.

Back