Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks top notch if not a little overly clean shaven. Such a shame about the boots though. Come on Asmus- it’s time to leave the stiff, single-piece boots in the past where they belong. Anything beyond a museum pose benefits from the added poseability. The bow looks a bit almost mossy. I don’t recall it having any green in the movies but I’m sure Asmus did their research and I guess it makes it more cohesive with his sword, sheath and belt.

Thanks guys, yeah I really like him. I do agree the belt was brighter than I thought but it doesn’t standout so much in hand. The buckle on the green belt did come off on mine but it was an easy glue fix. I think everyone will be happy (besides the boots)

Thanks guys, yeah I really like him. I do agree the belt was brighter than I thought but it doesn’t standout so much in hand. The buckle on the green belt did come off on mine but it was an easy glue fix. I think everyone will be happy (besides the boots)

Thank you for posting the pics - he looks great to me. Gotta get him ordered$$$$$

Have an extra longbow so just debating on going through Sideshow - haven't decided yet. Or - I have a small diorama base from Lucifer's Elven Queen 1/6, I might use that for Thranduil and steal Thranduil's original base - which is a fallen pillar - for Faramir.

As the pillar could be vaguely Osgiliath. Maybe time to switch the boots if needed - kinda surprised they aren't 2-piece.

Yeah for a diorama base the two piece boots will be a must cause Faramir’s boots are a strong material. You can articulate the ankle A little but the boot will slowly work the ankle back to straight. I think everyone will enjoy this release...oh and the rubber clothing does hinder poses a little as well, such as two handed sword holding but he still looks fantastic

Am I the only one not liking this figure? From the sculpted hair to the actor likeness not being there, cheap belt attachments, and boots are limited. Disappointing, just like Aragorn from helms deep.

Am I the only one not liking this figure? From the sculpted hair to the actor likeness not being there, cheap belt attachments, and boots are limited. Disappointing, just like Aragorn from helms deep.

From Thainitty's pics think he looks fantastic; my biggest disappointment like with Blitzway Zorro is not having split boots. For athletic characters you'd expect that IMO. As far as being cheap - ASMUS am sure could do more and charge HT prices. U can get anything if u are willing to pay for a custom.

Finally POd from Sideshow with a coupon that will cover shipping - able to spread payments out. Meanwhile can pester ASMUS over Thranduil and his throne. And Eowyn. We need a new Eowyn.:pray:

The hair color looks better than prototype I think. Face is better too even if it is not a perfect likeness.

Faramir arrived a little earlier today. Overall it’s a very nice figure. Likeness in hand is better than the promo pics. Outfit and accessories look good as well. I’m not a purist so can’t really comment on accuracies. The one thing that did stick out is the body seems a bit buff. That might be the case throughout the line but can’t compare because everything is in storage. I didn’t get that sense with Aragorn, Boromir, Eomer or Theoden, but all of those actors are larger. It’s not a huge deal as I eventually plan to have Faramir rehaired, so may have the body swapped out as well.
Hopefully Asmus will produce a new Eowyn in the near future.

Got my Faramir today. Overall, very nice! Had some issues with a few of the belts and straps (a few daubs of glue took care of things, though.)

Likeness is decent enough. Not their best, but certainly not their worst. Solidly middle of the pack, I'd say. B to B+. It's not Elrond or Theoden level sculpting, but it's on par with much of the rest of the line. I'm happy with him.

My only real complaint is that, like Stryker said above, after I popped his head off to put on the cloak, I couldn't get it back on securely. The bottom node of the barbell neck connector won't seat properly. I'm not sure what the problem is, exactly, but after several attempts to force it, I opted not to press my luck for fear of breaking everything. It's fine. Doesn't look weird at all and it's not like his head is going to topple off. it's kind of halfway secure. Just something to look out for.

Hope you guys like him as much as I do!

Are there only 10 left on Asmus site or is that the order limit per customer?

To get the head back on just straighten the socket inside the neck and straighten the barbell attached to the head carefully reinsert and once you feel the ball engage the socket just press down. If it doesn’t go just straighten everything again and you’ll get it...just takes smooth even pressure.

Great figure, great tailoring and the paint app looks okay.
I just can't get passed the hairline. Aragorn has the same issue.

To get the head back on just straighten the socket inside the neck and straighten the barbell attached to the head carefully reinsert and once you feel the ball engage the socket just press down. If it doesn’t go just straighten everything again and you’ll get it...just takes smooth even pressure.

Yeah, I've tried the usual stuff, but he's not having it. I think something might be amiss down inside the chest cavity. But, for mine, it's not a big deal. He looks fine (no giraffe neck) and everything stays in place. I'm not planning any extreme poses, so it's all good. Just didn't know if it was something that others were experiencing with this figure.

(Oh hey! My 4,000th post!)

Last edited:
Back