Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Face looks great. I understand what they are trying to do with the seam where it is, but they should at least use some seam filler once the pieces are joined. Takes just a few seconds to put a bead in there and smooth it out. We can all do that after the fact and do a paint touch up, but shouldn't have to.

Well, Theodin is a different case, because his hair needs to be removable, so it cannot be glued properly.
If the hair piece is not to be removable, we can apply glue on the edge of the very front of the hair and the seam will be fairly small.
Anyway, there are still ways could be done better.

I am sure Faramir will not happen the same. However, I have reported this to the team, and they are doing something about it already

Attachments

• 20200309_181424.jpg
    20200309_181424.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Sincerely Asmus...thank you for all this news. It is a joy to see my favourite character brought to life with such care and detail.

I might have missed the news, but will Legolas be part of the Crown line?

Hello Asmus. Thank you for the news. Beware of the cone head with Faramir...
:)

Looking good! Just make sure his surcoat reaches his knees though as it's way too short at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

he's shaping up very nicely! Thank you for sharing so much with us

I love the detail on the vest which SS left out on their version.

I keep expecting it all to end one day, but Asmus continues to heed our concerns. Totally amazing.

We have tried both fabric and soft plastic approach,
fabric is nice, but it is impossible to get the detail on the stripes (it is roughly 1/8" wide)
so sculpted soft plastic is properly the better way.

20200311_113056.jpg

I don't mind the torso armour being soft plastic so long as it's soft and thin enough to not hinder movement and is well painted to look like real leather.

I'd rather not have another Faramir with faux leather crumbling chest armour really. [emoji1787]

I don't mind the torso armour being soft plastic so long as it's soft and thin enough to not hinder movement and is well painted to look like real leather.

I'd rather not have another Faramir with faux leather crumbling chest armour really. [emoji1787]

Yea I really can't argue with this.

I would prefer fabric, as it was a leather armor. I know that it's too soon to tell, but I hope the molded plastic is painted correctly to at least offer the impression of fabric and not a hard armor material.

Will there be a rooted hair version? Not to get into the rooted vs sculpted debate as everyone has their preference. Would be nice if both options were offered like with Boromir.

Hard to tell, both look nice. But hoodonit00 has a point with the viewing distance...how many details do we really need on that vest?

I would prefer fabric so it is more like the actual outfit otherwise the difference in texture will make it appear toy like and less a shrunk down version of the Captain of Gondor.

Back