Ask Sideshow LOTR Q&A's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LOTR 'Ask Sidsehow" Questions 14/06/10

Heh, this is reminding me of collecting in the SSW days! Everyone saying what's on their list..... Morgul Lord, ringwraith on steed, Aragorn at the black gates........ needless to say i'd pass on all of them as i have the SSW versions. The only PF i'm thinking of getting is GTG because that would work as a stand-alone piece, and it really is THE best PF from SS so far. Maybe i'll add it to my xmas list :)

What about a Gothmog PF, speaking of orcs...or whatever he was some kind of Orc reject.

Dear Sideshow.

Can we have the remaining Fellowship in PF form?

Answer: See what Fellow collectors want as Hobbits don't seem popular

O.K, will see what happens. :pray:

Dear Sideshow. Quite a few polls have shown a complete Fellowship in PF range as popular. INCLUDING HOBBITS! :yess:

Answer: There is another ORC, and maybe Gimli and Boromir

:slap

I'd say Gimli and Boromir are at the top of my Fellowship member PF wish list. (And I'd love to see them before another orc.)

Yes, I'd like to have the hobbits, but since I don't have a ton of display space, I'd prefer to get Merry and Pippin ... and maybe even Sam ... all on one base. (Perhaps the moment on Weathertop when they're facing off against the Ringwraiths?)

I realize that would be a pretty complex and expensive piece (what with three different sculpts and outfits to engineer) ... but I'd be willing to pay more for something like that.

I just like bad guys so thats why I could care less for the main "heroes" I just like orcs and trolls, thats just me though. I know im in the minority on that.

Q.Monday, June 14th, 2010
There has been a lot of rumor and gossip on the discussion boards about some atypical prospects for your “The Lord of the Rings” Premium Format line. People have suggested a possible Cave Troll PF, a Ringwraith with Steed, or a Sam/Merry combined PF in a single offering. Can you let me know if I should start saving up now? I can’t wait for Gandalf, as well as more news on the LOTR Premium Format line!!! Thanks! …AND… Many thanks for the great pieces so far in the LOTR Premium Format line! Aa special thanks for Gandalf the Grey and Legolas – they appear incredible. Please consider Boromir, Gimli, Eowyn, and of course the other hobbits (Sam, Merry, Pippin) Can you please tell us how many LOTR PF figures you plan to announce in 2010? Also do you have any plans to ever create a mounted figure in the PF line? Yes, I realize it would be massive but it would certanly be extrordinary. Perhaps King Theodan? or Eomer? I would think someday you would have to produce a character from the Rohan side and I don’t see how you could make all the riders of Rohan without at least one mount? Please say yes and I’ll start saving now…. AND… With only one LOTR Premium Format having gone up for pre-order in 2009, will 2010 be the same, or can we expect 2, 3 or maybe even 4 LOTR PF pre-orders to make up for lost time?

We will be officially revealing the Morgul Lord PF very soon, and we hope to unveil the next LOTR PF a little after SDCC. If all goes according to plan, there will be a ‘big’ pre-order opportunity in early to mid 2011, for a product scheduled to ship late in the year. It may seem a ways off, but we’re digging into some serious and ambitious undertakings…

Ive gone over these Q&A's at least three or four times, but only now have I picked up on this. Either the "next LOTR PF" they are referring to/unveiling is the ML or we have two PF's coming in the next few month's......:google

I read that as the pre-order for the Morgul Lord will take place before SDCC, and we'll get the next preview (but possibly not pre-order) shortly after Comic Con. That is a lot of PF on the horizon, and the sneak of Gandalf for the maquette line is certainly breathing new life into things!!!:yess:

Hope remains...while us collectors stay intact!!

For the record, Q&A responses are dead to me. I don't take anything written in them very seriously at all. :peace

I read that as the pre-order for the Morgul Lord will take place before SDCC, and we'll get the next preview (but possibly not pre-order) shortly after Comic Con. That is a lot of PF on the horizon, and the sneak of Gandalf for the maquette line is certainly breathing new life into things!!!:yess:

Yeah, that's how I read it too. Wow, could we possibly be getting two new pre-orders in a matter of month's.....:google

For the record, Q&A responses are dead to me. I don't take anything written in them very seriously at all. :peace

Have faith Frank, based on the Law of Averages we're due to get some accurate information from SS any time now......:wink1:

Yeah, that's how I read it too. Wow, could we possibly be getting two new pre-orders in a matter of month's.....:google

Have faith Frank, based on the Law of Averages we're due to get some accurate information from SS any time now......:wink1:

Really? If it's about what they intend to do and not just what's already being done, I'm listening :dunno

Lurtz Ex is up for sale as I think the MO, Zerker and possible Orc of Barad Dur (Skully :pray:) ) give me room to offload the big guy.

Would you class a vehicle as a steed. And if so, would you class 'GROND' as a vehicle and therefore a possible for riders on steed ??

(you know I like stepping out of the box a tad) :wink1:

Could they mean Warg and Rider, Ringwraith on Fell Beast...

Good Heavens my dear Geb, you must have a fever that is impairing your sense of scale! :sick Or maybe an inflated wallet... :wink1:

Not that it wouldnt be the MOST AWESOME THING EVER! But a PF scale Fell Beast would have an over 12ft wingspan! Even if its wings were "tucked", I dont know many LotR fans that are willing to devote an entire ROOM for one figure (or the remortaging required to finance it).

Fremen would have a heart attack trying to find space! :panic:
Gruesam would have to go back to her assassination ways! :eek:
GondorGirl would have move out of the Shire! :crying
And me... well... I'd have to sell myself... :monkey3

The idea of future PFs on the horizon certainly builds excitement for what is to come, and knowing that the line has legs past the Morgul Lord is a relief.

I like how they have put a Sneak Peek out with the Aragorn Maquette for Gandalf, and I think this approach could help keep the buzz going on lines with all of our speculation here!

What would a 1/4 scale horse be around 2.5-3 feet? :dunno

Horse measurements vary from breed to breed, but if we were to assume the horse to be five and 1/2 feet at the shoulder, and an additional 3 1/2 feet for the rider, all told the height could be about nine feet before you scale down to 1/4, which would be roughly 2/5 feet tall as a PF, and not too much larger than what we already have. Same goes for the Cave Troll, as he would be about 3 feet tall as a PF (About the same size as the abomination PF)

Given the prices we have seen for some similarly sized products, I would guess a horse and rider to be about $1000 and a Cave Troll to be about $600. Thank god for flexpay!

Horse measurements vary from breed to breed, but if we were to assume the horse to be five and 1/2 feet at the shoulder, and an additional 3 1/2 feet for the rider, all told the height could be about nine feet before you scale down to 1/4, which would be roughly 2/5 feet tall as a PF, and not too much larger than what we already have. Same goes for the Cave Troll, as he would be about 3 feet tall as a PF (About the same size as the abomination PF)

Given the prices we have seen for some similarly sized products, I would guess a horse and rider to be about $1000 and a Cave Troll to be about $600. Thank god for flexpay!

Thank you for that! Just last night, I was looking my SSW RWOS and wondering what a horse's dimensions are and what it would translate into in 1/4 scale.

I was actually asking more about the length, but yeah we are talking about a major footprint. :horror

I am only consulting Google when I was checking on this stuff, and I only found the dimensions for height, but I would guess about 9 feet from the tip of the nose to the tail as well. My guess for the price is based on the SW Speederbike, but a Horse and Rider set would have more actual mass (kinda like a 1:1 bust)

I just took a look at my SS/Weta Ringwraith and Steed busts, both being in 1/4 scale and mentally pictured what they would look like complete. While it would be big, it's certainly doable!

Good Heavens my dear Geb, you must have a fever that is impairing your sense of scale! Or maybe an inflated wallet...

Not that it wouldnt be the MOST AWESOME THING EVER! But a PF scale Fell Beast would have an over 12ft wingspan! Even if its wings were "tucked", I dont know many LotR fans that are willing to devote an entire ROOM for one figure (or the remortaging required to finance it).
LOL...yeah...wishful thinking...or DREAMING! It would be a nightmare if they tried what Toybiz did with their Fellbeast. THeir sly response still has my puzzler a puzzlin...

Back