Ask Sideshow 02/17/10 = New life for the Indy line!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willie before Marion? IMO no female character should come before Marion.
Indy and Marion have the best chemistry.
Willie would be the last figure that I would want. Has Sideshow even seen the Indy movies?
No offense meant to TOD fans.

Willie before Marion? IMO no female character should come before Marion.
Indy and Marion have the best chemistry.
Willie would be the last figure that I would want. Has Sideshow even seen the Indy movies?
No offense meant to TOD fans.

Truth be told, no single character from any other film should've come before her and Sallah.

Yea I never understood their reasoning that Sallah wouldn't sell. Are you kidding me. I think every Indy fan would buy one. They made the damn fat suits. Use em.

For the record, for as much of a ToD fan I am, I have no interest in Willie. But I would buy Marion. I'm talking Raiders Marion, not KOTCS Marion. I feel I have to be specific because Sideshow would give us the wrong version and then say, "See, it's not selling. We knew collectors weren't interested in her."

I'd buy Sallah as well.

For the record, for as much of a ToD fan I am, I have no interest in Willie. But I would buy Marion. I'm talking Raiders Marion, not KOTCS Marion. I feel I have to be specific because Sideshow would give us the wrong version and then say, "See, it's not selling. We knew collectors weren't interested in her."

I'd buy Sallah as well.

I'd buy Marion and Willie. I think at this point I'm so happy about this news that I'd buy anyone they put up for sale this week. 3rd German from left in Thuggee disguise-Yes, count me in! Er, wait..

I'd buy Marion and Willie. I think at this point I'm so happy about this news that I'd buy anyone they put up for sale this week. 3rd German from left in Thuggee disguise-Yes, count me in! Er, wait..

And that's exactly why Sideshow is releasing the Indy figures in this manner. I mean no offence - I'd buy just about anything Indy-related in 1/6 at this point too!

I'd be up for a ROTLA Marion too, and Sallah. Willie, no thanks...one of the most irritating characters I've ever seen on film! I'm not a fan of TOD, so anything from that film would have to be awesome for me to be even slightly tempted.

Must haves are definitely Marion and Sallah... ( Raiders Sallah, not LC Sallah).. as for Marion.. that seems to be a pretty debatable topic as to what version.. I am for Nepal bar Marion.. to me that is the quintessential version.. that is when she was at her best.. tough, salty, in charge... plus PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of potential for accessories... medallion, shot glass, mauser pistol, burning log to bludgeon thugs, cigar box for her money, liquor bottle... just a lot of stuff they could do there.. what would Cairo marion have.. just a monkey and a pan.. zzzzz... and well of souls marion.. well.. she could have the airplane wheel chocks, torch, but thats about it..
After them Mola Ram is needed...then Shorty from TOD.. I'd love to see a generic TOD thuggie guard.. but that is a serious stretch and really not too difficult to undertake as a custom...
LC needs an Elsa in the final scenes Nazi garb... ( false grail as an accessory :) ) KOTCS obviously needs Spalko and Mac.. ahhh the list could go on and on :) :)

Must haves are definitely Marion and Sallah... ( Raiders Sallah, not LC Sallah).. as for Marion.. that seems to be a pretty debatable topic as to what version.. I am for Nepal bar Marion.. to me that is the quintessential version.. that is when she was at her best.. tough, salty, in charge... plus PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of potential for accessories... medallion, shot glass, mauser pistol, burning log to bludgeon thugs, cigar box for her money, liquor bottle... just a lot of stuff they could do there.. what would Cairo marion have.. just a monkey and a pan.. zzzzz... and well of souls marion.. well.. she could have the airplane wheel chocks, torch, but thats about it..
After them Mola Ram is needed...then Shorty from TOD.. I'd love to see a generic TOD thuggie guard.. but that is a serious stretch and really not too difficult to undertake as a custom...
LC needs an Elsa in the final scenes Nazi garb... ( false grail as an accessory :) ) KOTCS obviously needs Spalko and Mac.. ahhh the list could go on and on :) :)

I am up for all of those but I don't need anything else from KOTCS. Bar outfit Marion is definitely the best choice and if they want to release variants of her please do it after we have seen some other characters. I am still skeptical we will see any females in the 1/6th line. I think we have a better chance of seeing them in dios.

I agree that Nepal Marion would work best in 1:6. If Sideshow were to ever consider her in PF, the white outfit of her at Sallah's house, would look fantastic....in the pose where she turns to look at Indy as she walking way, with the monkey sitting on her shoulder.

I think it would be interesting for Sideshow to visit an Indy maquette line, much like they are doing with LOTR. I'd prefer that over dios or the props at this point.

I agree that Nepal Marion would work best in 1:6. If Sideshow were to ever consider her in PF, the white outfit of her at Sallah's house, would look fantastic....in the pose where she turns to look at Indy as she walking way, with the monkey sitting on her shoulder.

I think it would be interesting for Sideshow to visit an Indy maquette line, much like they are doing with LOTR. I'd prefer that over dios or the props at this point.

I wouldn't mind a maquette line but it needs to be after they are done with PFs.

Besides the obvious Indys (ToD, Indy in tux from opening of ToD, Prof. Jones, TLC Indy) here are my top ten wants (in order):

-Mola Ram
-Short Round
-Chief Guard ToD (Pat Roach-- which I think they could sell as a two-pack a la Palpatine as they could also include him as the bald mechanic in ROTLA)
- Marcus Brody (either ROTLA or TLC)
-Sallah (ROTLA)
-Marion (ROTLA-- Nepal bar)
-Willie Scott (ToD sacrifice white outfit with cage environment)
- Walter Donovan (with alternate aged head)
- Dr. Elsa Schneider
- General Vogel

-

Nepal Marion if any should be the likely choice. Not only would she hide the joints of the body they utilize, but we already got the hot poker with Toht and right now, that's just a bunch of missed potential. So is his crispy hand as we don't even have the medallion that's burned into it.

-Mola Ram
-Short Round
-Chief Guard ToD (Pat Roach-- which I think they could sell as a two-pack a la Palpatine as they could also include him as the bald mechanic in ROTLA)
- Marcus Brody (either ROTLA or TLC)
-Sallah (ROTLA)
-Marion (ROTLA-- Nepal bar)
-Willie Scott (ToD sacrifice white outfit with cage environment)
- Walter Donovan (with alternate aged head)
- Dr. Elsa Schneider
- General Vogel

I've always wondered how they could make Donovan a good seller - the extra head is a must, but the exclusive could be the friars chronicle open on its stand. Lord - we could discuss exclusives (large environment pieces or small scene-specific pieces) all day long, and when the figures are finally released we'd all be pissed that our awesome ideas weren't realized :D

I'd like Marion in either the white dress or red outfit where she gets kidnapped. She see's the most action in those outfits.

Back