Ask Sideshow 02/17/10 = New life for the Indy line!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its great news. But i would only want any 1/6 indy for a new head sculpt, i have 4 indys (rotla, map room, tod and tlc.) all with the rotla sculpt. Would be good to get a different look

Everything sounds great to me, I will take anything Indy. They didn't answer my question though about the 1:1 Indy bust.

I think Sideshow dropped the 1:1 bust idea a long time ago, although it was mentioned when Sideshow originally announced the license. Which is why I'll hold out getting too excited, especially when it comes to 1:6 figures. But I'm still happy to hear that Sideshow is moving along with Indy, especially with ToD products. :cool:

I think Sideshow dropped the 1:1 bust idea a long time ago, although it was mentioned when Sideshow originally announced the license. Which is why I'll hold out getting too excited, especially when it comes to 1:6 figures. But I'm still happy to hear that Sideshow is moving along with Indy, especially with ToD products. :cool:

That is lame, I think it would have been amazing IF the hat was removable and they have all of those other hats just sitting around.

Sounds like SOMETHING will come. Whether it's a Mola Ram or Indy on a new body with an exposed chest, a Short Round on the rarely used child body or just a tux Indy in a reused Bond Legacy suit comes down to how SSC thinks it will sell.

It does sound promising, especially the TOD 1:6 figures. Sounds like if they can nail the body in their R&D, then it's a go. But it may be a while before they do.

One other thing they brought up about the 1:1 prop replicas. Doesn't Noble Collection have the rights to some pieces like the headpiece to the Staff of Ra? Would both companies be allowed to have them for sale?

It does sound promising, especially the TOD 1:6 figures. Sounds like if they can nail the body in their R&D, then it's a go. But it may be a while before they do.

One other thing they brought up about the 1:1 prop replicas. Doesn't Noble Collection have the rights to some pieces like the headpiece to the Staff of Ra? Would both companies be allowed to have them for sale?

I would hope so but I have my doubts that SSC can compare price wise and quality wise to some fan made props. I stress the price in there because obviously for the price their idol is damn good but for some of the smaller props I am not sure they can pull off the qaulity as others can.

Noble might have lost or given up its license for Indiana Jones prop replicas. They haven't had a new piece since KOTCS was released to theaters.

I'll also say that I have the Noble ToD machete, Staff of Ra headpiece and the letter opener set and like each piece immensely. They may not be accurate down to the tiniest detail, but I don't worry myself with such things. I'm just looking for a nice representation of some major artifacts from the films and if Sideshow can deliver, then I won't complain.

I also noticed that there are only 3 Sideshow figures left in stock: Belloq regular with only ~10 left, German Indy with only ~50, and Toht Ex with more than 100 (since there's no Low Quantity Alert). It's taking a while, but they do seem to be selling. And those were the figures that most had the problems with. I hope this all helps Sideshow's motivation to continue with the line and that they make better choices in the future based on this initial run.

I too have been watching the Indy figures disappear from the website - it appears to bode well for their sales (although I really don't know much about what they consider successful or not in those terms).

I became pretty excited when I first read through all the questions, but then I quickly developed a wait-and-see attitude toward the whole thing. I'm not sure how releasing Indy figures in short 'bursts' is going to keep interest in the line alive... but I'd like to think their primary customers are people who've been collecting Indy since before KOTCS anyway, and such short bursts won't really mean anything to those of us who've been waiting for many years.

Surprising news... I thought the line was all but dead. Maybe KOTCS Indy and Senior did well enough to get them back on board with 1/6.

Notice they even mention that the original Pro was too short and that future releases will correct this.

Well, we go from thinking the line is dead to thinking the line has legs.... I'm happy. :D

Well, there was a lot of "we're looking into" and "if we do we plan to" stuff. Not a definitive "yes there will be more" by any means and to make matters worse, they all but said no to Marion (if you read it, they just say they're working on female bodies), so I'm still of the mindset Indy's done. Should they do more, hey, that's great! But if they don't, no love lost, I've moved on. :lol

Well, there was a lot of "we're looking into" and "if we do we plan to" stuff. Not a definitive "yes there will be more" by any means and to make matters worse, they all but said no to Marion (if you read it, they just say they're working on female bodies), so I'm still of the mindset Indy's done. Should they do more, hey, that's great! But if they don't, no love lost, I've moved on. :lol

Well, you save yourself the disappointment should the line be dead I guess.... Still, I'm really into instant gratification! :rock

Even if we get no Marion, which would be a shame, I'd be happy with Sallah, Mola Ram and a Temple Indy. If we get those three I'm happy.... Shorty, Marion or Marcus would be icing on the cake.

Well, you save yourself the disappointment should the line be dead I guess.... Still, I'm really into instant gratification! :rock

Even if we get no Marion, which would be a shame, I'd be happy with Sallah, Mola Ram and a Temple Indy. If we get those three I'm happy.... Shorty, Marion or Marcus would be icing on the cake.

Sallah, Marion and Shorty are all crucial characters to Indy and should've been produced before the break. There's nothing really taxing about any of them save the headsculpts. As for Marion, I think most, already content with bodyswaps would've been happy to get her even on the female buck which could've been easily hid by the bar outfit anyway.

I agree, Bar Marion would have been easy and a must-have for the Raiders line-up. Sallah too.

But SS said recently that they've pulled away from female figures until they upgrade their female body, so maybe that's why they were reluctant.

In any event, I don't take this new news as anything more than 'continuing the pause but please buy our remaining stock'.

As to the HT hand-off: to be honest, I doubt HT has any interest in Indiana Jones beyond its signature character.

Back