Ask a movie question, hopefully get an answer.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the opening is exactly how I kinda sorta remembered it :lol Im gonna have to re-watch it now that I kno what its called. Ive been looking for this move for so long! Thanks again! :hi5:

Two Parts.

1. Suspense. You expect it all to go bad and you're supposed to be relieved when it doesn't.

2. That doctor isn't a cold-blooded murderer. He is or was an arsonist who would set female patients on fire, and those kind of fire setters are passive-aggressive i.e. he didn't kill any of them that's why he wasn't in prison long. And maybe he was being serious when he said that Anderton helped him by putting him in prison since in there, he couldn't start any fires. :lol

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense

Okay, I've got a couple that have been bugging me since I was a kid.

1. I only remember fractions of this film, but it was on HBO or payperview around the time I was 9-11 years old.

i just remember a couple kids go to this old town, which they think is deserted or something, and near the end, they find their parents in these stand up coffins and the parents basically become zombies and chase them.

I know, lot's to go off of there. :lol

2. Another show I watched when I was really little all the time. I can't remember much about it, but it had a really kinda "labyrinth" kinda style to it. All I remember is this one part that use to scare me as a kid, I think it had a baby in it and some singing creatures in a cave or tunnel of some sort.

:lol

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might have been Labyrinth, just watched some clips on YouTube, but I'm not totally convinced. :lol

Last edited:
2. In Minority Report when Anderton is about to get his eyes transplanted, the doctor has a serious grudge against Anderton for sending him to jail where not-nice things happened to him then he does the transplant perfectly and leaves him a sandwhich?
I don't get it, why the build-up with the grudge and story & tone that leads this moment where it seems bad things are in store for Anderton only to have it not happen?

Two things - he gave Anderton eyes from a Japanese man named Mr. Yakamoto, so if anyone was looking for him while he was getting his eyes scanned, it would be a dead giveaway. Second, with the sandwich (and I believe the drink as well), it was very moldy and nasty, almost making Anderton puke when he had it. So in a way, the doc "got him back" - not really considering what the doc went through in jail, but still.

Sometimes you remember a film or a scene but just can't recall the title, or don't get why or how something went down the way it did, so i figured ask it here...

RULES:

If the film hasn't released on DVD yet use Spoiler Tags

So I'll start (i got two bugging me)

1. I remember watching a horror film where the killer would only come to life if a light came on in his room or someone entered his house or something. He had nails in his hands and would work on a sewing machine doing masks or something with his victims.
I can't remember the title or actors but it was pretty recent, anyone know?

2. In Minority Report when Anderton is about to get his eyes transplanted, the doctor has a serious grudge against Anderton for sending him to jail where not-nice things happened to him then he does the transplant perfectly and leaves him a sandwhich?
I don't get it, why the build-up with the grudge and story & tone that leads this moment where it seems bad things are in store for Anderton only to have it not happen?

Would not the Dr been arrested fro pre-crime if he was about to do something so there was no real threat? sorry long time since I watched :monkey1

Great thread!

Here's one; I remember snippets from a horror movie trailer on TV years ago as a kid, of a slow camera creep through someone's living room, into the bathroom where a girl's taking a shower.

There's a window above & to the side of the shower nozzle, & something smashes it's arm through the glass & starts choking her.. it was like a gnarled black-ish looking arm.. :dunno :lol

Anyone know this movie?

Scene is a gang of pals who, somehow having escaped an apocalyptic event that wipes out humanity, are filling up with gas a van they come across at a gas station. The dude at the pump looks up and sees through the van window a chick with a traumatized blank stare on her face. She joins the group and together they try to figure out the nature of the event.

Saw this as a midday matinee when I was a kid, around 1980. That's the only scene in the whole movie I remember, cause it freaked me the hell out seeing that chick in the van.

Great thread Nova :)

Possibly, but I thought he told Anderton that there is milk and a sandwich in there for him.

there Was good milk And a good sandwich in the fridge, but Tom took the wrong one since he couldnt seethe left over moldy one

Why was Prometheus so......average??? Like Wrath of the Titans and John Carter average.

Because the script was written by two hacks.

Here's one; I remember snippets from a horror movie trailer on TV years ago as a kid, of a slow camera creep through someone's living room, into the bathroom where a girl's taking a shower.

There's a window above & to the side of the shower nozzle, & something smashes it's arm through the glass & starts choking her.. it was like a gnarled black-ish looking arm.. :dunno :lol

Sounds like "The Hand" with Michael Caine.

Scene is a gang of pals who, somehow having escaped an apocalyptic event that wipes out humanity, are filling up with gas a van they come across at a gas station. The dude at the pump looks up and sees through the van window a chick with a traumatized blank stare on her face. She joins the group and together they try to figure out the nature of the event.

Maximum Overdrive!?

Sounds like "The Hand" with Michael Caine.
Thanks for the reply man! :)

I just watched the trailer on youtube.. you think it would be, by my explanation.. but that doesn't seem to be it.. unless that shower scene I mentioned is in it, just not in the trailer.. :( :dunno

I don't actually remember a 'hand' - more a creature of some sort - the whole arm smashed through the window. I always had in the back of my mind growing up, 'The Thing' (obviously not) or 'The Swamp Thing' (again, not that one) but I remember the title sounding something like that anyway.. damn. :slap

'The Hand' does sound in the ball park though, good spot! I'll have to watch it to be certain. :lecture

Last edited:
I have one, it's a horror film I saw back when I was no older than 10, it's a black and white film, obviously very old at the time I watched it. The "monster" in it looked like a raven/crow, with a wing like feather coat and a mask, the easiest way to describe would be to call it a bird mask, I remember there was a scientist/professor looking guy who stunned the monster and put him into a small room, he then trapped this "monster" by building a brick wall infront of the doorframe to lock him in. As I say this is clearly a very old film, and this is the only bit I can remember of the film, I bet this will be a hard one haha...

Thanks for the reply man! :)

I just watched the trailer on youtube.. you think it would be, by my explanation.. but that doesn't seem to be it.. unless that shower scene I mentioned is in it, just not in the trailer.. :( :dunno

I don't actually remember a 'hand' - more a creature of some sort - the whole arm smashed through the window. I always had in the back of my mind growing up, 'The Thing' (obviously not) or 'The Swamp Thing' (again, not that one) but I remember the title sounding something like that anyway.. damn. :slap

'The Hand' does sound in the ball park though, good spot! I'll have to watch it to be certain. :lecture

Sounds like Creature from Black Lake, to me.

Back