Ashley Wood and 3A get 2000ad license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey did anyone snag one of these that doesnt want to keep it and would sell it for retail, to hook a freak up. i would greatly appreciate it if anyone has one they dont want. thanks.

There will be a second version coming out in the future (no date yet) which will be essentially the same figure but with a different (modern) 2000AD logo on the jacket.

Might as well wait for that one if no one wants to sell.

I am - or was - a fan of the comic, at least, how it was in the late 70's and 80's. But my preference would be for well made generic figures rather than stylised versions and I don't see why that means they could be described as 'watered down'. I also think stylised versions will put off casual fans - I'd rather they were drawn in.

And actually, the visual style of the comic was never uniformly excellent - there's a big difference between the quality of the artwork produced by Kevin O'Neill and Brian Bolland and that produced by Mike McMahon and Carlos Ezquerra, which I found scrappy and unappealing. Not 'quirky' - just bad art. The storytelling was usually better than the artwork.

As for Tharg, again, why start with a character that was always a bit of a joke and has minimal popular appeal?

McMahon and Carlos Ezquerra = bad art???? are you blind mate??

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146-1.jpg

Wow that is awesome... I'm completely out of the loop on 3A stuff, how hard will it be to get this figure?

He'd look great with my Ape collection :lecture

Back